⚔ PJSC 136 ⚔ - ☠️ Bloodshed On The Dancefloor ☠️ - WINNER REVEALED (Techno Mix) + Tidbits Up!

Final Leaderboard:

1. Cally Rhodes - Sabotage // WoW73 = 116
2. Emilia & TINI - La_Original.mp3 // soratami = 114
3. Boys Noize - Affection (feat. ABRA) // Isobel = 107

4. Juliette Armanet - Flamme // Attis = 106
5. BENNETT - Vois sur ton chemin (Techno Mix) // berserkboi = 104
6. Alba August - So Alive // Phonetics Girl = 97
7. Charlotte Plank - Rage // Rogue = 95
8. KYE - Bossin' // Hurricane Drunk = 86
9. Jannika B - SOS // Derek = 81
10. LAUREL - Wild Things // cdd216 = 78
11. Sofia Portanet - Entre nos lèvres // Up N Down = 77
12. Brittany Howard - Prove It To You // 2014 = 76
13. DAYYANI - Nobody Kills Me Like You Do // daninternational = 68
14. Julie Bergan - Kiss Me Better // Swim = 67
15. Mia Rodriguez - Ride // klow = 65
16. Justin Mylo & Karen Harding - Rescue // MilesAngel = 64
17. Ninajirachi & Izzy Camina - Ninacamina // Dynamo = 61
18. MacKenzie Porter - Coming Home To You // unnameable = 60
19. Tyler Lewis - Downtime // CorgiCorgiCorgi = 60
20. Milano 84 - My Love In Tokyo // Disco Blister = 58
21. Deco - Photograph // Untouchable Ace = 57
22. Night Club - Crime Scene // Maki = 55
23. Pierre de Maere - Enfant De // citoig = 54
24. Meg Smith - jesus christ in a mini skirt // BubblegumBoy = 52
24. Ghost and Pals - SCAPEG♾AT // TéléDex = 52
26. Declan J Donovan - Hungry Heart // HarryEzra = 49
27. Natalie Hemby - Pin And Needles // pop3blow2 = 43
27. Kaylee Bell & NAVVY- Life Is Tough (But So Am I) // saviodxl = 43
29. m-flo - against all gods // If You Go = 42
29. Tommy Boi - Personal // londonrain = 42
31. Mannequin Pussy - Sometimes // Carel = 38
32. Gretta Ray - Positive Spin // livefrommelbs = 34
32. stevedreez - 1-800-HITMYLINE // CaliDevotion = 34
32. twst - Off-World // Tiger Suit = 34
35. VALENTINNA - PIRANE // Million_Lights = 30
36. Gabi DeMartino - immaculate // DJHazey = 26
37. Three Second Chances - Living Out Loud (Popshow Remix) // Hudvar = 22
38. Valories - Dead End // imaduck = 21
39. Marwa Loud - Bad Boy // Filler = 20
40. O!Dorian - Punch My Heartbreak Away // undisco_me = 20
41. 4EVE - I Like Boys // iheartpoptarts = 16
42. Blond in Car - Famous Friend // chanex = 12

Congratulations @WoW73

First PJSC win since Party Voice (if I remember correctly - big IF!)​
Wait, what? Cally won!? Thanks voters!! Also congrats to silver and bronze medalists @soratami & Isobel - well done!
And huge thanks to @berserkboi for hosting this round and the speedy reveals - I hope you're feeling well again soon!

It is indeed my second PJSC win - the first was Party Voice. Back in 2019....

Well, see you all in 5 minutes for round 137...!

My 12 pointer won?? And the top 3 were all in my top 4? Taste!

Congrats @WoW73 and I'm glad I didn't underscore @soratami for sending a song I already knew, though commiserations on such an agonisingly close result.

Thanks for hosting and feel better soon @berserkboi

I think that's the most HMs my entry has ever got, maybe if I'd converted a few of those into points I could have squeezed into the top 10 with DAYYANI.

Still, thanks for those who enjoyed, nobody thrills me like you do

10 @cdd216
10 @WoW73
10 @MilesAngel
7 @chanex
6 @Dynamo
5 @Isobel
5 @Tiger Suit
5 @swim
3 @BubblegumBoy
3 @Carel
2 @HarryEzra
1 @klow
1 @pop3blow2
HM @livefrommelbs @Hudvar @berserkboi @Untouchable Ace @Maki

Last edited:
I knew from the beginning that my personal contest would be not coming in last and well…I still lost lol but it was fun to hear so much new music after sticking w Retro for literal years.

But speaking of new…the winner didn’t make my ballot because to my ears it sounds like a carbon copy of No One Dies From Love? Just a wildly subjective opinion from someone with fairly objectively bad taste! Congrats @WoW73 and thanks for hosting @berserkboi xoxo

I knew from the beginning that my personal contest would be not coming in last and well…I still lost lol but it was fun to hear so much new music after sticking w Retro for literal years.

But speaking of new…the winner didn’t make my ballot because to my ears it sounds like a carbon copy of No One Dies From Love? Just a wildly subjective opinion from someone with fairly objectively bad taste! Congrats @WoW73 and thanks for hosting @berserkboi xoxo
Hopefully we'll see you back in Retro, soon, too!

He/Him
Just missed the top10 but thanks for the votes for Sofia, especially for the 12s @Phonetics Girl and @Derek (I considered submitting SOS last month, definitely the highlight from her new album).

The last time Sofia appeared I gave her my 12 and I guess I've been keeping an eye on her ever since. I considered submitting the song she released just before this one where she did Leony cosplay instead of Marina but I like impulsively sending shiny new things and also this one was in French which the host may appreciate.

Congrats @WoW73 and thanks for the great hosting @berserkboi!

Happy Easter everyone!

Here's a little easter egg for you to enjoy

ralph2.gif

Hm I hoped for better than a mid-table placement for Night Club but given that the banger "Die in the Disco" didn't even reach top 10 (and I though that had a medal on lock), I guess that shouldn't be surprising. Thanks again to everyone who voted for them!

As for the winner, I can't recall the song itself but I remember thinking 'this is like an AI-generated PJSC entry' while listening to it. Looks like it worked in its favour but I'd never guess it's a contender for a win, among the most generic ones we've had in a while.
Glad to see the FL crew represented in the top 10, especially BENNETT which was a clear standout here.

Underrated corner: Blond in Car (looks like I forgot to give this one an HM, last place is way too harsh), Gabi DeMartino (shocked this one did so badly), twst (clearly my prediction about this winning was very wrong dd), Ghost and Pals, Milano 84.

Thank you for excellent hosting, @berserkboi! Happy Easter, everyone! Onto the next round.

He/Him
Tidbits
(apologies in the delay getting these out, only now feeling good enough to look at spreadsheets again ff)

- The entire Top 5 exceeded 100 points. This is a pretty rare occurrence, and speaks to how varied and strong the round was. A veritable Bloodshed On The Dancefloor as we got to a winner.
- The last time I recall a Song Contest with the entire Top 5 on over 100 points was Retro 60 (but technically this could be my lack of memory rather than this not being as rare as that in PJSC)
- The Top 5 was so close that only 12 points could have meant a different winner, and an entirely different order (For instance if BENNETT had received another 12, they'd have won for having the most 10s out of the two songs on 116)
- Juliette Armanet is proving to be a force now! She did okay for @soratami in Xtra a while back, and okay for me in her duet with Corine on PJSC but has since gotten a BRONZE in Xtra for @Derek, and now a 4th Place Finish for @Attis in PJSC with an older song! With the right song/combo of voters - she could be our next French Winner!
- Songs with the most 12s (at 4 each) were Flamme and So Alive, which funnily enough were songs from 2022 and not some of the most recent on the Song List! Maybe that year is not done being mined for success yet!
- BENNETT and Brittany Howard had the most 10s (at 4 each), and for Brittany that was over half her total points! It's good to be loved by a "handful" of people, hey?
- La_Original.mp3 was the one with the highest voters (16), with Alba August and Cally Rhodes close behind on 15 each
- Ghost and Pals only had 6 voters, but 3 of those were 12 givers - making 36 out of their 52 points total or 69% of the total!
42 Participants and the entire Top 20 had at least 58 Points (which is the equivalent of the points we all assign per person), something for everyone indeed on this playlist!​

He/Him
And finally - merci to my voters this round for supporting something a little off-kilter!

12 @Disco Blister @londonrain
10 @Up N Down @Filler @Maki @undisco_me
8 @soratami
7 @swim
6 @klow @HarryEzra
5 @daninternational @If You Go
2 @Rogue
1 @CaliDevotion

After winning with Annalisa - I was veritably going for "art not chart" and somehow landed on something that did "well in the chart" anyway, which was an amazing surprise as the ballots were coming in! I'll also note that icon @londonrain has 12ed me the entire Q1 in PJSC (HARLOW, Annalisa, BENNETT) on super different tracks (thank you for the support across varied genres!!), and I hope I haven't jinxed it and you still enjoy what I might bring going forward!

Congratulations to all the medallists @WoW73 @soratami @Isobel (and @Attis too - following a BRONZE with an almost-BRONZE) - it was great to see your names up there, and very happy for @WoW73 to have won again after so long (though I maintain you all did him dirty with Roxeanne and that should have been his second win but I digress ff). At least with @WoW73 - the next round is already up - hey? Can't ask for much more than that! <333

Thanks all for making PJSC 136 a great one! Next time I win (HA!) - let's do a Side Theme of Last Place Finishes Dancefloor Splatters!!! <333