PJSC 137: B&B - The Best of All of You. Last day to vote.

PJSC 137: BOPS&BANGERS - The Best of All of You.

After a great side-theme last round, courtesy of @berserkboi, we're going down memory lane again this round. But this time, you won't have to do anything, other than submit your entry and ballot. After the songlist has been posted, I will start listing my favourites of all your entries from the past 65 rounds. I will look back at which songs you've submitted in rounds 72-136, and then highlight my favourites from each & every one of you (which most likely will be bops & bangers, but who knows).

Why start at round 72? Well, that was the first round I participated in.

Like I mentioned, you don't have to do anything yourself in this side-theme, but if you want to, that is of course welcomed (through discussing the past songs I post, or post your own favourites for example).

I hope you will all enjoy this trip down memory lane!

Submitting your entry:
As some of you know, I am not keen on Google forms, so you can submit your entry and ballot through the Retro/00s/Xtra way: by PM.
Please submit your entry using this format:
Artist - Title
YouTube link
Spotify link

Rules are under the spoiler:

Submission/Veto​

The song you have chosen should be submitted by PM to the host. Your song will then be judged by the veto panel, if it scores 3 Yes votes it will go through to the main contest.
If you are vetoed you will need to resubmit an entry by PM.

To Check if your song has been entered before, please use the PJSC Song List

Things that will effect your veto score, but not necessary veto:
- Previously submitted artist (3 being generally the upper limit unless significant time has passed)
- Doing well in a previous round
- Forum threads or discussions (generally under 10 pages is ok, but not in all cases)
- Double submission of song
- Multiple submission of artist
- Reality TV contestant
- Notable personalities (who aren't necessary singers)
- Mentions by PJ on social media (but not on the website)
- Features in PJSC song of the week or featured in spotify playlist
- Blog precence (non PJ)
- Large view counts on youtube (no exact science here, but upload time and international audience are taken into account)
- Big artist in another country
- Lesser hits / album tracks from well known K-Pop acts
- People with features on hits
- Covers of lesser known songs
- Samples of lesser known songs
- Artists that have had minor UK hits
- Vocalists from featured producer songs (e.g. A*M*E from 100%)

Things that will be vetoed:
- Winners of the PJSC
- An artist that has been entered within 3 contests (Artist entered on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
- An artist that has been vetoed previously (Artist vetoed on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
- Songs that have already been entered
- Songs from artists with large PJ thread (20+ will usually be vetoed, but not in all cases)
- Songs that have entered the UK top 40
- Songs from artists that have had significant UK hits
- 3 or more submissions of that song
- A song that is featured on the front page (in a solo article) in the last 3 months (another song by the artist or remix of the same song can be chosen and may clear veto)
- Songs involved in the current eurovision cycle up to and including the month of the contest (even if the contest is cancelled, original dates are respected)
- Songs that have significant (non regional) radio play (check this via http://comparemyradio.com/)
- Covers of well known songs
- Samples of well known songs
- Big hits / big singles from well known K-Pop acts
- Major K-Pop acts (2NE1, f(x), SHINee, Girl's Generation)

Voting​

After the song list is revealed you have period of time where you are able to submit your votes, you should vote using the traditional Eurovision style points system (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) with the top marks going to your favorite, and 1 going to your 10th favorite, and remember you cannot vote for your own entry.

Dates:
Submit by PM by April 6th, 23:59
Voting deadline: April 23rd, 23:59
Reveals: April 24th, time TBA.

Ready?

Attis

berserkboi
BubblegumBoy
CaliDevotion
Carel
cdd216
CorgiCorgiCorgi
daninternational
Derek
Disco Blister
Filler
HarryEzra
Hurricane Drunk
If You Go
iheartpoptarts
imaduck
Isobel
klow
Lego
livefrommelbs
londonrain
Maki
Million_Lights
Phonetics Girl
pop3blow2
Rogue
saviodxl
soratami
swim
TéléDex
Tiger Suit
undisco_me
Untouchable Ace
Up N Down
WoW73

Last edited:
Three submissions of the same song within one hour of the round opening. Taste!

giphy.gif

He/Him
Did I just repeat my sin from last round and throw over the three potential entries that I have been sitting on slash obsessing over for the last two months in favor of a last-minute discovery?

Yes. Yes, I did.

In some fairness, the other potential songs don't quite fit the "bangers" theme...

He/Him
Haven't seen an episode of the Bold & the Beautiful in decades! Brooke's still there it seems. Who's on the left? A new incarnation of Sheila!?!
I think that's Brooke's sister. I have it on my local streaming service and will admit I did watch some episodes a while back when Sheila came back to cause havoc again. I mostly fast-forwarded them though as it's just episodes and episodes of characters repeating the same things with different words.

Before I share my favourite PJSC entries by each of you (from the past 5,5 years) I will share some by previous participants, who have not been online for a long time (it seems) - or even deleted their accounts:

Eden xo was submitted by llamadelrey in round 77:

In round 83, EscapismIsAnotherPrison gave us:

thegingerone submitted SKAAR in round 84:

Filippa submitted LP in round 85:

Remember COY from round 91? By fistcity: