PJSC 65.5: Second Chances, Second Round! We have a winner! | The Popjustice Forum

PJSC 65.5: Second Chances, Second Round! We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by CorgiCorgiCorgi, Apr 27, 2018.

1. How many times has this happened to you?

You're taking part in our beloved Popjustice Song Contest. As you listen through the Spotify playlist of this month's entries, you hear it - the greatest song you've ever heard. A brilliant bop or a gorgeous ballad from an up-and-coming artist, you're sure it's going to get top scores around the board.

But then everybody's votes are revealed and it flounders at like 26th place.

So disappointing, right?

That's where the PJSC Second Chance Edition comes in! Now's your chance to help an underrated previous entry have its second chance at glory.

THE RULES

Here are the rules, copy-pasted from @WowWowWowWow's first thread:

Each participant will choose a song from a previous PJSC. You can see the full list of previous entries here. For this contest, no song that finished in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will be eligible to compete. You can see the Winners Table here. Please check your entry against the Winners Table to save yourself having to send another entry.

The other main rule is that you may send any song that you want, not just songs that you previously submitted to the contest. Some people have been playing for all 5 years, while others are new to the contest in the last few rounds, so I think this will help to even out the playing field. To be most fair, however, the person who originally sent a song gets priority—even if they submit it after you. Beyond that, it is first come, first serve. Feel free to rank some alternate choices with your submission if you want—if your song is poached by its original submitter, it will help speed things along.

(Also, it would be fun if we tried to avoid sending just the songs that have gone on to be UK / worldwide hits, but I’m not the boss of you…)​

THE SCHEDULE

Submissions are open from April 27 until May 8, 11:59 PM BST! Send me a PM with your song of choice. Remember, it has to be a song that was previously submitted to the PJSC, but not a song that finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. If someone else has picked that song already, or the person who originally sent it would like to re-enter it, I'll let you know ASAP so you can submit a backup.

Song list will be posted May 9.

Voting will be open from May 9 until May 27, 11:59 PM BST.

The reveal is tentatively scheduled for May 28.

Good luck, and get submitting!

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

YAS I'm excited!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  3. Songs entered in the last second chance round aren't allowed right?

Anyway, entered something. It's a song I wanted to have entered myself before only to find it had already been in a previous rate so it's great to get to use it after all.

4. The hub has been updated! @CorgiCorgiCorgi, let me know if you want me to change anything (font color, etc.).

5. No idea what to enter, truly.

My Swedish Pop Girls rate will start soon after this, then I'll be doing a PJSC third/second place extravaganza rate.

6. Niiiice: looking for a song I discovered my girl Bree Runway won a couple of rounds ago <3

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  7. I'm here for this

8. Hmm... that's a good question! I assume they wouldn't be, just to keep things interesting.

9. The submit to PM link was cute and so is my entry so vote for it.

CorgiCorgiCorgi and Derek like this.
  10. Does this happen simultaneously with PJSC 66?

11. I'm torn between two great tracks to submit, what to do!?

Guys, help me! Quirky overload cheesy but so good!

or..

Brilliantly sung and majestic powerhouse production and vocals?

Update: I made my decision.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  12. There'll be some overlap but not direct conflict. @londonrain should be opening PJSC 66 submissions around the same time that this round posts its song list.

All the song contest schedules are conveniently located in one place to help hosts and everyone else keep track!

13. I have finally decided on my own entry! I can't believe it didn't win its round.

14. I think I've gone a little heart over head here but what the hell.

15. That's what I did last time, and I won!

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  16. I bet your heart is more PJ-friendly than mine though!

Let's tag everyone, I need some new old bops.

CorgiCorgiCorgi and DJHazey like this.
  17. I entered on the first day. I actually think I have a chance to do well, every time I used to play the song for randoms on plug.dj it was always well received.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.