✨ PJSC 93 K-POP WORLD ✨Song list up! | The Popjustice Forum

✨ PJSC 93 K-POP WORLD ✨Song list up!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Jul 27, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome unnies and oppas to PJSC 93 K-POP WORLD. Now, before anyone starts panicking, K-Pop is just the side theme here, and you're obviously still free to submit whatever you want. This round is meant to celebrate the first ever PJSC K-Pop win last round, and there will be two aspects to the side theme:

1) During the entry and voting periods I'll be sharing some K-Pop acts/songs that are generally unlike what people would usually expect from the genre (so, not BTS, BLACKPINK, TWICE, etc), as a fun way to introduce people who might not necessarily be K-Pop fans to something new. I ask people to actually watch the videos, because I'm sure everyone will find something they like.

2) Everyone will list their favourite K-Pop song along with their ballot, and they'll be included in the reveals. If anyone doesn't have a favourite K-Pop song already, hopefully they'll have one by the time they submit their ballot.

Now onto the regular contest stuff:

Rules
    Introduction

Popjustice Song contest is a music contest focused on discovering new music, each participant picks a song by a lesser known artist or new discovery and pits this song against other unknown or new songs.

Submission/Veto

The song you have chosen should be submitted by the provided google sheet.

Your song will then be judged by the veto panel, if it scores 3 Yes votes it will go through to the main contest.

If you are vetoed you will need to resubmit an entry, you must do this via google sheets and PM the host to let them know that you have sent another song.

Things that will effect your veto score, but not necessary veto

- Previously submitted artist (3 being generally the upper limit unless significant time has passed)
    - Doing well in a previous round
    - Forum threads or discussions (generally under 10 pages is ok, but not in all cases)
    - Double submission of song
    - Multiple submission of artist
    - Reality TV contestant
    - Notable personalities (who aren't necessary singers)
    - Mentions by PJ on social media (but not on the website)
    - Features in PJSC song of the week or featured in spotify playlist
    - Blog precence (non PJ)
    - Large view counts on youtube (no exact science here, but upload time and international audience are taken into account)
    - Big artist in another country
    - Lesser hits / album tracks from well known K-Pop acts
    - People with features on hits
    - Covers of lesser known songs
    - Samples of lesser known songs
    - Artists that have had minor UK hits
    - Vocalists from featured producer songs (e.g. A*M*E from 100%)

Things that will be vetoed for

- Winners of the PJSC
    - An artist that has been entered within 3 contests (Artist entered on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
    - An artist that has been vetoed previously (Artist vetoed on contest 1 is banned from 2,3 & 4, becoming eligible during contest 5)
    - Songs that have already been entered
    - Songs from artists with large PJ thread (20+ will usually be vetoed, but not in all cases)
    - Songs that have entered the UK top 40
    - Songs from artists that have had significant UK hits
    - 3 or more submissions of that song
    - A song that is featured on the front page (in a solo article) in the last 3 months (another song by the artist or remix of the same song can be chosen and may clear veto)
    - Songs involved in the current eurovision cycle up to and including the month of the contest (even if the contest is cancelled, original dates are respected)
    - Songs that have significant (non regional) radio play (check this via http://comparemyradio.com/)
    - Covers of well known songs
    - Samples of well known songs
    - Big hits / big singles from well known K-Pop acts
    - Major K-Pop acts (2NE1, f(x), SHINee, Girl's Generation)

Voting

After the song list is revealed you have period of time where you are able to submit your votes, you should vote using the traditional Eurovision style points system (12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) with the top marks going to your favorite, and 1 going to your 10th favorite, and remember you cannot vote for your own entry.

Dates
    Entry: 27/07 - 31/07 23:59 BST
    Voting: 01/08 - 15/08 23:59 BST
    Reveals: 16/08 19:00 BST

SUBMIT YOUR SONG HERE

VOTE HERE

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM
  2. RESERVED

Music Is Life, vague, Crisp X and 9 others like this.
  3. You can post now! And a massive thank you to @vague for the amazing artwork (of which there will be quite a bit more through the round).

Music Is Life, vague, Crisp X and 9 others like this.
  4. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Stan VERIVERY

Music Is Life, vague, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  5. YAY-POP!
    I already know my fave song, but looking forward to expanding my Kpop world too <3
    Also I submitted already do I get my laminated PJ card yet?

Music Is Life, vague, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  6. Ready to be schooled.

7. I've chosen something... unsurprising.

8. [​IMG]

I'm already in, and I have my K-Pop bias ready, so help anyone else that even tries to choose them.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  9. Actually, the only other time I hosted a K-Pop themed round was the legendary PJ00s LOONA round, which was 100% @Oleander's idea.

10. The way the round only just opened and there are already ten entries dd...

11. YASSSS I luv this theme

Obligatory Stan LOONA

12. Another contest, another dilemma of selected artist, but struggle with the song.

13. Okay I'm going to try something, so please noone take my original plan. Again.

14. Submitted. Hoping to do better this time.
    [​IMG]

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I've sent in the song I was originally going to submit last round. Given how the song I actually did send in ended up doing, it looks like I made the wrong call dddd.

16. Behold. I am coming back for one to finish 37th.

Obligatory surprise bitch gif:
    [​IMG]

17. Not until you submit a song to PJRetro. I want you taste there.
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.