PJXtra 8 // Can you pinpoint where you are? // We have a winner! | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

PJXtra 8 // Can you pinpoint where you are? // We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ana Raquel, Mar 5, 2021.

1. I just wanted to repeat that I wanted to have more than 10 songs in my top10.

[​IMG]

2. I will need to apologize to one participant after the reveals, as I forgot to mark their song for my 'points run through listen'. As such, it got left behind. That's only like the second time I've sone that, but I realized too late. oops.

londonrain, berserkboi, WoW73 and 2 others like this.
  3. Hello! I am awake. That being said, I will most likely not start the reveals right on time because my computer is not collaborating. ffffff

Meanwhile, I'll explain how the side reveals will work.

I'll post them in groups of three. In each one, there will be all the guesses done (but not who did it), with the most answered one(s) in bold. Then, I'll reveal the location with the link on the map and say who got it right.

That's about it. Also, never buy Lenovo. ffffff

4. [​IMG]

5. I have some terrible guesses I'm sure. What were we supposed to do with that anonymous rock exactly?

6. Sorry, I see the deadline is tonight. Work got in the way. Obviously very intrigued. And scared.

With this geoguess quiz I find out if I am worthy enough to call myself a geography teacher.

7. OK I THINK I CAN START

Country 1:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Netherlands
    Austria
    Canada
    Russia
    Slovenia

Answer:

Yep, that's The Netherlands.

Point to:
    saviodxl
    WowWowWowWow
    klow
    Maki
    iheartpoptarts
    soratami
    Alenko
    daninternational
    Sprockrooster
    Doodvid
    WoW73

Country 2:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Russia
    Brazil
    Germany
    Japan
    China
    South Korea
    Serbia
    Singapore
    Spain
    USA

Answer:

That's actually South Korea. dd

Point to:
    Untouchable Ace

Country 3:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

South Africa
    Australia

Senegal
    USA
    Zimbabwe
    Portugal
    Kenya
    Djibouti

Answer:

As much as I would love to put a deserted road in the middle of Australia, this is Senegal.

Point to:
    Maki
    iheartpoptarts

Leaderboard:

Maki - 2
    iheartpoptarts - 2
    saviodxl - 1
    WowWowWowWow - 1
    klow - 1
    soratami - 1
    Alenko - 1
    Untouchable Ace - 1
    daninternational - 1
    Sprockrooster - 1
    Doodvid - 1
    WoW73 - 1
    Cotton Park - 0
    If You Go - 0
    berserkboi - 0
    pop3blow2 - 0
    livefrommelbs - 0​

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  8. I logged in just in time for the reveals, only to see they're delayed a bit. At least I have time to talk about Kalafina.
    The song I sent is yet another one (in a long line) of YouTube recommendations. Needless to say, I was in awe upon first listen. Those gorgeous vocals and harmonies and stunning instrumental are just undeniable. Would've been a no-brainer 12 in this round (obviously if I could vote for it).

Now, I know Kalafina were sent a few times to different contests, but what took me by surprise is that they were featured in @berserkboi's anime rate (which ended nearly one year ago and I still have to catch up with) and I haven't figured it out. The song is "Magia" and it's also rather lovely:

Hope they do well here!

9. I really thought that had to be 60 mph because 60 kph sounded slow for such a big road.

I didn't even know they wrote speed limits on roads. Clearly am not car person.

10. I hope so too; I submitted 'Progressive' in PJ00's a few rounds back and they undeservedly finished in the middle of the pack

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  11. I was torn between Japan and China for #2... figures the truth lied in the middle.

As for #3, that literally looks just like a road in Alentejo (the second southmost part of Portugal, after Algarve), so I thought it might be that

[​IMG]

12. The South Korea one caused me nightmares. I thought it was some Asian country, but was torn between Russia and Japan. Turns out I didn't even consider South Korea because I thought it wasn't available on GeoGuessr.

Glad to see that my extensive research payed off for Senegal.

13. I definitely thought one of them looked like Canada. Watch it turn out to be Sweden or something.

14. Country 4:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

New Zealand
    Australia
    Canada
    Brazil
    France
    Switzerland
    UK

Answer:

This is Victoria... Valley. New Zealand.

Point to:
    WowWowWowWow
    Maki
    iheartpoptarts
    Alenko
    Untouchable Ace
    Doodvid

Country 5:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Cuba
    Mexico
    Spain

Chile
    Ecuador
    Fiji
    Malaysia
    Mauritius
    Philippines
    Samoa
    San Marino
    Tuvalu
    Vietnam

Answer:

This was the most diverse round answer-wise.

And it is... none of them. ddddd

Welcome to India.

Point to:
    No one :(

Country 6:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Canada
    Russia
    Norway
    Bulgaria
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Lesotho
    Liechtenstein
    Sweden
    Ukraine

Answer:

Sorry for the snowy road in the middle of nowhere. Bulgaria.

Point to:
    iheartpoptarts

Leaderboard:

iheartpoptarts - 4
    Maki - 3
    WowWowWowWow - 2
    Alenko - 2
    Untouchable Ace - 2
    Doodvid - 2
    saviodxl - 1
    klow - 1
    soratami - 1
    daninternational - 1
    Sprockrooster - 1
    WoW73 - 1
    Cotton Park - 0
    If You Go - 0
    berserkboi - 0
    pop3blow2 - 0
    livefrommelbs - 0

15. I love y'all too.

16. Well, that means the other round where I put New Zealand as the answer is also wrong

17. Let’s hope I do better in the main contest ddd

18. And I can't believe I became a palm tree expert for nothing!

19. India to all of us:

[​IMG]

I went with Hungary for the Bulgaria one, because that country also has some bleak/snowy scenery from what I saw (then again, it could've been almost any country from upper Northern hemisphere).

Also, to the one who thought that the South Korea one is Serbia - we can only wish of having buildings look that neat.

20. dd I looked up what type of palm tree that was too. But then again people plant palm trees in cities all over the world so the type doesn't necessarily mean much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.