PJXtra 8 // Can you pinpoint where you are? // We have a winner! | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

PJXtra 8 // Can you pinpoint where you are? // We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ana Raquel, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Roystonea regia (a.k.a. The Royal Palm) is a species of palm that is native to Mexico, parts of Central America and the Caribbean, and southern Florida.
    The way we were fooled...

This is true. There are literally two or three palm trees in my backyard.

2. Yeah, they're such deliberately planted trees... it's not like they just sprung up out of the ground on account of nature or anything. You can tell which countries they'd be half-dead in and that's about it.

3. Country 7:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Dominican Republic
    UK
    Argentina
    Chile
    Italy
    Laos
    Nicaragua
    Panama
    South Africa
    St Lucia
    Thailand
    USA

Answer:

If you zoom in (quite a lot), you might notice a flag on the right side. This is Dominican Republic indeed.

Point to:
    klow
    iheartpoptarts
    soratami

Country 8:

[​IMG]

Sorry, sis! ddd

Guesses:

USA
    Jordan
    Canada
    Gabon
    Israel
    Paraguay
    Russia
    Tajikistan

Answer:

This is an obscure trail near Eilat, Israel.

Point to:
    WowWowWowWow

Country 9:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Germany
    Switzerland
    Australia
    Bulgaria
    Italy
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Philippines
    Netherlands
    Romania
    Sweden

Answer:

There is not enough blur to be Germany. Bern, Switzerland.

Point to:
    iheartpoptarts
    Alenko

Leaderboard:

iheartpoptarts - 6
    WowWowWowWow - 3
    Maki - 3
    Alenko - 3
    klow - 2
    soratami - 2
    Untouchable Ace - 2
    Doodvid - 2
    saviodxl - 1
    daninternational - 1
    Sprockrooster - 1
    WoW73 - 1
    Cotton Park - 0
    If You Go - 0
    berserkboi - 0
    pop3blow2 - 0
    livefrommelbs - 0​

4. Flop @iheartpoptarts last-minute logic: Russia is a big country. There must be a rock in it somewhere.

5. Ugh the forum is being so slow right now for me!

I wonder if I'm going to get a point?

That's one of my guesses for USA down, two more to go!

6. I clocked the flags in the #7, but the three of them seemed a bit unrelated (I presume one of them is Suriname), so I went for a completely random guess.
    Speaking of which, you can see the flag of Suriname on The Netherlands location:

[​IMG]

I won't comment on the "USA" one...

And clearly I have high standards for Romania to think of it as Switzerland lol

7. I mean, I'm sure the USA has rocks, too.

8. I spent such a long time looking at #7, I even tried sharpening the photo so I could read the text better, I tried googling "911 store/factory/company/supermarket" and "cario/carbo" too, to no avail. I thought the flag was actually the Iran flag, but that wouldn't make sense as the text in the photo is uses the Latin alphabet rather than the Persian one. I'm glad I did get it right in the end at least.

9. If watching Invincible has taught me anything, it's that some of you will never be having careers in superheroism.

10. An entire mountain range! Typing "Rock Mountain" into the search bar was almost exclusively pictures of the Rocky Mountains.

11. I tried to use an online rock identifier but sadly you had to be able to poke it with actual nails and stuff. Life is hard, etc.

12. Scream.

I think Sprocky can pass his Geography degree/diploma to @iheartpoptarts (I'm joking obviously)

13. Apparently there are a lot of things called Carbo. We need more unique place names like Faceburguer.

14. Country 10:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Australia
    New Zealand

Cambodia
    China
    Eswatini
    Kenya
    Kyrgyzstan
    South Africa
    Spain
    Vietnam

Got the right line of thinking. Unfortunately, got the wrong country. It was Eswatini. Sorry for the tricky round, but this is one of the biggest traps at Geoguessr's country guess.

Point to:
    iheartpoptarts

Country 11:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

USA
    Australia
    Canada
    New Zealand
    Slovakia
    UK
    Ukraine

Answer:

This is not @livefrommelbs house dddddd unless he moved from Melbourne, Australia to Calgary, Canada. It might be @iheartpoptarts house though (of course absolutely coincidental!!!!).

Point to:
    iheartpoptarts

Country 12:

[​IMG]

Guesses:

Palau
    Antigua & Barbuda
    Nepal
    Malaysia
    Romania
    South Africa
    USA

Answer:

I wanted to put a Pacific Island (that wasn't New Zealand), and Palau was the first that appeared to me, so lucky them.

Point to:
    saviodxl
    WowWowWowWow
    Maki
    iheartpoptarts
    soratami
    pop3blow2

Leaderboard:

iheartpoptarts - 9
    WowWowWowWow - 4
    Maki - 4
    soratami - 3
    Alenko - 3
    saviodxl - 2
    klow - 2
    Untouchable Ace - 2
    Doodvid - 2
    daninternational - 1
    pop3blow2 - 1
    Sprockrooster - 1
    WoW73 - 1
    Cotton Park - 0
    If You Go - 0
    berserkboi - 0
    livefrommelbs - 0

I guess we have a winner here!!!!!!!! Congrats sis!​

15. Calgary would totally park a truck in the yard.

16. @iheartpoptarts killing us - well done Legend!!

Thank god for that easy location (or was it??) within the last three! Hopefully this means I don’t end up on zero! Ddd

17. Reading "Eswatini" made me think there was a country I'd somehow literally never heard of before, turns out it's the country formerly known (as recently as in 2018) as Swaziland.

18. Well... shit. Obviously I can't rely on my luck. I went with South Africa, since it has by far the greatest area out of the three, but Eswatini and Lesotho were my back-ups (also, that's a surprisingly good road for Eswatini, especially compared to the ones I stumbled upon).

Yes, though I can't get used to that change, so it's still Swaziland in my mind. Thankfully they haven't changed their amazing flag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.