PJXtra 9 ● Mother Tongue ● We have a winner! | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

PJXtra 9 ● Mother Tongue ● We have a winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ana Raquel, May 3, 2021.

1. Yep, I'll start it on mute just in case!!!!!

Maki, berserkboi, Doodvid and 2 others like this.
  2. I love how we look after eachother so well, sis!!

berserkboi, Doodvid and Ana Raquel like this.
  3. I finally got to this song, and yes it's very similar! Though I did some digging and she said it's more a rework of a Milk Inc song. Listening to that, it's basically the 2 mashed up without an original note otherwise included ddd

Ana Raquel, saviodxl, Doodvid and 2 others like this.
  4. BOP!!!

5. A 12!!!!

If You Go and berserkboi like this.
  6. I'm supposed to be working on my ballot, but I'm just playing this bop over and over instead!

7. Guys, TeamXtra won Eurovision: 4 non-English songs in the top 5!

8. @berserkboi found stanning France and Switzerland.

9. I'm a fully signed up member of TeamXtra, but songs don't deserve to do well just cos they are in foreign... and that top 5 wasn't great for me

10. Of course, the non-English song that SHOULD have won, was Loco Loco

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

There should just be a separate category for Eurovision Songs That Have Spanish Titles For No Reason. They're usually massive bops.

Conan, WoW73, WowWowWowWow and 5 others like this.
  12. I just submitted my ballot!

berserkboi, Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  13. Started listening to the list the other day. I'm familiar with one song, but there's also a song that I stumbled upon on YouTube, listened a snippet of it and thought to myself: 'That sounds a lot like a PJXtra entry'.
    I can't recall how it goes, but I remember I liked what I heard, even though it didn't go to my potential submissions list. Now watch it win.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  14. Keep voting! We are at seven so far.

While at that, to continue the spotlight sessions, let's celebrate the victory of maneskin with some rock/metal sung in native tongues!

Alien Weaponry, a metal band from New Zealand with many songs sung in Maori.

Arandu Arakuaa, a Brazilian metal band with songs in Tupi (but they also sing in some other indigenous languages).

Les Filles de Illighadad, a tuareg band from Niger that sings in... possibly Tuareg? Couldn't confirm it.

Vayijel, a Mexican rock band singing in Tzotzil.

Nine Treasures, a Chinese band that sings in Mongolian (despite the titles in English).

Conan, Cotton Park, Doodvid and 7 others like this.
  15. Oh wow, I fully thought I did mine already - will get on that in the morning.

Ana Raquel, Maki, londonrain and 3 others like this.
  16. I think I have a Top 10 but it's so tough looking at about 5 songs that are missing out on points, they are also so wonderful!!!

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.