PJXtra: The Poll! | The Popjustice Forum

PJXtra: The Poll!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by WoW73, Nov 28, 2020.

?

Should PJXtra: Change its name? Become more frequent

Poll closed Dec 28, 2020.
  1. Yes, PJXtra should be renamed

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. No, the name PJXtra is just fine!

17 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. Yes, PJXtra should become more frequent (when a round ends, a new round opens)

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  4. No, six rounds a year is fine

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. As stated in the current round of PJXtra, over at PJXtra headquarters, we've been discussing whether PJXtra should be renamed to make it more clear that it is a song contest for non-English songs. Also, we've had several users asking if PJXtra can become a more frequent contest, like PJ00s and PJRetro.
    So, here's a poll, that will run for 30 days. If you decide to take part in the poll, please answer both questions, thank you!

- Should PJXtra change its name?
    - Should PJXtra become more frequent?

Thanks!

iheartpoptarts, Maki, Doodvid and 6 others like this.
  2. I voted for re-naming but that is because PJLingo (I forgot who mentioned it) fits it better for outsiders to understand what it is, but I am fine with PJXtra as well.

Maki, WoW73, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  3. Honestly Lingo is as nondescript as Xtra

Surely if you're going to change it would just be PJFL

I can't see anything that would work like Retro.

Maki and Music Is Death like this.
  4. Why does my mind instantly goes to PJFlop?! Help me.

5. PJ World might work, but Xtra is fine. It certainly doesn't need to be monthly either, I dont understand how people manage more than one a montj

6. I'm happy with PJXtra but I think PJWorld would be a great name as well. As for the timing, I think the contest having a set schedule, with a new round starting every two months, works great, but I wouldn't be opposed to having like 8-9 rounds a year either.

7. I'm really not a fan of PJLingo if I'm being honest. It just sounds kind of off, and I imagine most people will associate the world "lingo" with slang/jargon, not foreign languages.

8. The front runner is actually
    PJLango.

berserkboi and If You Go like this.
  9. You're.... joking right?

10. Not at all.

If You Go and Sprockrooster like this.
  11. OW! That was it. Scream. Not me making a Dutch version of it ddd.

I feel like that is the best so far. Though PJWorld might work as well.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    WoW73 and Untouchable Ace like this.
  12. [​IMG]

13. I think every month feels a bit too much.

14. I think PJWorld would be a great name change! It fits with the whole languages-of-the-world focus and conveys what we do here better than PJXtra.

I'm not in favor of PJLango, since I'm not sure somebody scrolling through the forum would necessarily know that word or what it means (I didn't).

15. I voted for the contest to remain bi-monthly even though I'd love for it to be every month, but I know that would be hard for people (myself included) to participate in 4 contests every month so it might lead to some uneven participation.

I like the name Xtra, but I ended up voting for the name change since either of two suggested would better illustrate what the contest was about though @iheartpoptarts has a good point about how PJLango might not immediately be obvious to somebody scrolling through the forum. I don't think I knew what Esperanto was before @Sprockrooster's quiz in PJXtra 2.

16. One more week until this poll closes, so if you haven’t already, let us know which options you prefer. The new round will open shortly after the poll closes, and will be hosted by me, with @Doodvid doing co-hosting duties (ie. Visuals and side-theme)

Maki, Doodvid, If You Go and 4 others like this.
  17. This poll is now CLOSED....

Which means, PJXtra 7 will be here... soon!

[​IMG]

Brought to you by DW Airlines

18. The people have spoken: PJXtra will not change its name and will remain roughly bi-monthly, with at least six rounds a year. The new round is here, so get your entries ready!!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Maki, Remorque, soratami and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.