♠♦♣♥ PJXTRA XIII: Kissed by Lady Luck ♥♣♦♠ Winner crowned, fortunes read & guesses... guessed | The Popjustice Forum

♠♦♣♥ PJXTRA XIII: Kissed by Lady Luck ♥♣♦♠ Winner crowned, fortunes read & guesses... guessed

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by soratami, Jan 2, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Welcome to PJXtra XIII: Kissed by Lady Luck! With this being round thirteen, it seemed fitting that the theme would be luck, and so we'll have two fun side things happening, firstly a two part luck-based guessing game, and secondly, everyone who takes part will receive a tarot reading courtesy of my co-host @Tiger Suit. Hope everyone is feeling lucky.

But first things first I'm the realest, be sure to PM a song that follows the rules below to @soratami and @Tiger Suit:

• is sung in any language other than that of the winning song from the most recent PJXtra contest and features less than 20% approximately of English lyrics.
    • hasn’t charted in the top 3 anywhere in the world and isn’t a Eurovision Song Contest entry (non-qualifying national final songs are eligible).
    • is performed by an artist with 30 pages or less of dedicated discussion on the Popjustice forum & didn’t participate in the most recent PJXtra competition.
    • hasn’t previously been entered into either PJSC, PJ00s or PJXtra.
    • if it is a cover version, is subject to certain criteria including if the song being covered is already famous/successful.
    Remember that since SUNMI won last round, Korean isn't allowed this round, so I'm afraid the K-Pop fans will have to come up with something else (like K-Pop songs in Japanese).

The dates are as follows:
    Entry (& guessing game round one): January 2 - January 9 23:59 GMT
    Voting (& guessing game round two): January 10 - February 5 23:59 GMT
    Reveals (& tarot readings): February 6

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. Guessing game: round 1

Feel like testing your luck? The first round will take part during the entry period, so please either send the hosts your guesses along with your song, or sometime until the song list is posted.

1. How many people will take part this round?
    2. How many vetoes are there going to be?
    3. How many different languages will we have this round?
    4. How many previously entered artists will we see?
    5. What will be the most popular language?
    6. How many songs in the most popular language will be submitted?
    7. Which language that appeared in round 12 won't be in this one? (other than Korean and fictional languages)
    8. What percentage of this round's songs will feature male vocals?
    9. How many songs this round will be unavailable on Spotify?
    10. What year will the oldest song this round be from?

♠ Guessing game: round 2 ♠
    11. Which song will win?
    12. Which song will come last?
    13. Where will your song place in the leaderboard?
    14. How many points will your entry get?
    15. How many points will the winning song get?
    16. How many points will the song in last place get?
    17. What will be the point difference between #1 and #2?
    18. How many languages will be in the top 10?
    19. How many songs will end up with single digit points?
    20. How many ties will there be?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  3. ♥ Reserved for results ♥

[​IMG]

4. Nonsensical yet topical image!

[​IMG]

5. By the way, anyone who doesn't participate in the game (or worse, skips this round) will be cursed with bad luck for the rest of the year. Remember your fate is in @Tiger Suit's hands xx

6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Given that my potential options for this round are largely songs you'd loathe, you may want to rethink whether you want me in this round xx

7. Don't let that stop you, someone's gotta come last after all x (I kid, please do participate!)

8. Previous entries can be viewed here: SONGLIST

[​IMG]

9. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Last place twice in three rounds? No, thanks.

(Poor Ana Guerra.)

10. I do love the combination of 13 and red....................

11. I was just updating the spreadsheets, and I noticed we received exactly thirteen entries in the thirteen hours since the round opened

[​IMG]

12. It's also 13:13 right now here... I swear I'm not doing this on purpose ddd

pop3blow2, Doodvid, Up N Down and 7 others like this.
  13. I'm the first to see and like this 13 minutes later.

pop3blow2, Doodvid, Up N Down and 7 others like this.
  14. [​IMG]
    Hello darlings,

As @soratami mentioned, I'll be your oracle for this round - the last couple of years have been wildly unpredictable, so I thought maybe everyone would find a little comfort in having a little look at what the year has in store for them during the reveals.

[​IMG]

Or, if you'd prefer, I can do a tree of life reading, which takes ten aspects of your psyche, spanning from spiritual to physical, and gives an insight into where you are, where you've been, and what you can do to create a healthier balance in life.

The choice is yours.
    [​IMG]

15. I’m having the hardest time trying to figure out how to divide my FL songs between this and PJSC.
    [​IMG]

16. Yes. Stan LadyLuck!

17. I love me some tarot reading! @Tiger Suit please see my future

Tiger Suit, berserkboi, Maki and 2 others like this.
  18. This is extremely relatable dd. At least sometimes they're only eligible in one of the two contests, for example, a song with over 20% of English lyrics or that was a top 3 hit anywhere only works for PJSC, one by an act with over 10 pages of discussion or by an act that's been in PJSC recently only works for PJXtra.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.