Planet 1999 / caro♡ (PC Music meets dream pop) | The Popjustice Forum

Planet 1999 / caro♡ (PC Music meets dream pop)

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Andy French, Jan 23, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

PC Music’s first band (and co-producers of Charli’s February 2017) released their deceptively simple and stunning first single back in September as a teaser:

And after months of basically radio silence, dropped a second song this week complete with amazing Windows 95 screensaver visuals:

They officially confirmed via an Instagram comment to a fan yesterday that their EP, Devotion, is out March 6th, and I am perched ladies.

@matthew. @mindtrappa @aux @OspreyQueen @Jwentz @beyoncésweave @ManilaChinchilla come get y’all juice

2. aux

aux

Je suis bopping! Thanks for the tag xx

matthew. and Andy French like this.
  3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

aux and Andy French like this.
  4. I’ve been bopping to “Party” for a couple weeks now (since it was accidentally released nn) – I’d kill for a proper trance mix.

Andy French likes this.
  5. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

I’m liking Party. Kinda reminds me of Shura’s debut album with a PC Music twist.

Andy French likes this.
  6. We have a tracklist!

ohaimanabu, mindtrappa and aux like this.
  7. And a new song

Noir, Dreampopboy, aux and 1 other person like this.
  8. Replay may be their best song so far.

9. So they put the EP up in full on Bandcamp this morning - a week and a half early - for some reason, but I ain't complaining

10. Even though they've been present through a ton of different avenues - the EP release in March, a few livestreams, Caro's own solo stuff - 2020 as a whole has felt so interminably long that it doesn't feel like it, which is really unfortunate. I hope that they're able to properly get the wheels turning next year.

Cotton Park and aux like this.
  11. Phew just tuned into these and they're great. So much more listenable and ~chill than a lot of the other PC Music stuff. I'm actually getting slight Beach House teas.

[​IMG]

Andy French, Cotton Park and aux like this.
  12. They’ve done a festive cover of We Belong Together for PC Music’s Pop Carol holiday event -

Wig. And this tracklisting? Double wig

Dreampopboy and mindtrappa like this.
  13. Thank you, @Andy French for turning me on to Planet 1999! I love them! Right up my alley!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  14. So glad this thread is getting some more participation! Check out Caro’s solo single hide me here too, it’s excellent -

15. Their all-Mariah Pop Carol set is on YouTube now -

jordxn, ohaimanabu and Cotton Park like this.
  16. Priceless!

Andy French likes this.
  17. There is now a "deluxe" edition of Devotion:

I think it's Devotion with three remixes.

18. More solo Caro music coming this Wednesday!

Dreampopboy and Cotton Park like this.

19. 7 waves is another pleasant ambient instrumental which I’m always down for, but sad song 77 is gorgeous.

Cotton Park and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.