Plea for help with a song ***2008 update*** | The Popjustice Forum

Plea for help with a song ***2008 update***

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by kill the DJ, Dec 11, 2006.

1. If anyone can help me with this, i'd be ETERNALLY grateful.

I heard a song not too long ago in a bar. Stupidly, the power of Shazaam was not available to me, as i'd left my mobile at home. Also, the dumb barman had no idea what the song was, and had no intention of going to find out what it was for me either.

So I implore you, if you can help with the very little information on the song I have, please please do.

I think the song was released sometime in the 90's, and I believe it was a single, as I can vaguely remember hearing it before. It's a mid-tempo track, quiet ambient, possibly a little trip-hoppy. The lead vocal is female.

I realise that with that discription, it could be any song, but when I heard it in the bar, I remember thinking how similiar it sounded musically and production wise to the start of Holly Valance's Naughty Girl.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I could be rabbiting on about so I can check out them out, I'd be be really really grateful.

Thanks in advance.

2008 update - Its literally just been played on Passions... of Girls Aloud, the Nicola Roberts one. She's in the make up factory after putting her hat on, and the start of this song, which has been the bane of my life starts playing. DO WE KNOW WHAT IT IS?!

2. Re: Plea for help with a song

Leftfield - Original?
    Massive Attack - Teardrop?

3. Re: Plea for help with a song

No neither of them. It was more poppier than that - the Naughty Girl reference is pretty similiar to this bleedin song.

4. Re: Plea for help with a song

The facts of life - Black Box Recorder?

5. Re: Plea for help with a song

Nope. I do appreciate your suggestions though.

6. Re: Plea for help with a song

Something by Everything but the Girl from their Walking Wounded album??

7. Re: Plea for help with a song

Nope. I've just realised how unlikely it is i'll ever find out what this is, without trawling through every single record released in the 90's. This makes me sad.

8. Re: Plea for help with a song

Would Morcheeba be too obvious a suggestion?

Didn't you make a mental note of any of the lyrics? Tsk!

9. nathanjay

nathanjay Guest

Re: Plea for help with a song

without googling at least one line of lyrics I think you're f===ed. unless you hang around in he bar until the song comes round again

10. Re: Plea for help with a song

I know. My bad.

11. Re: Plea for help with a song

It's not Donna Lewis 'I Love You Always Forever'? That's quite 'Naughty Girl'-esque and 90s. Or what about Olive... ?

12. Re: Plea for help with a song

Neither. I might cry soon.

13. Re: Plea for help with a song

Something by Saint Etienne perhaps... ?

14. Re: Plea for help with a song

Smoke City - Underwater Love?

15. 2008 update - Its literally just been played on Passions... of Girls Aloud, the Nicola Roberts one. She's in the make up factory after putting her hat on, and the start of this song, which has been the bane of my life starts playing. DO WE KNOW WHAT IT IS?!

16. Steveweiser mentioned a song title, in the General Girls Aloud Discussion Thread and I didn't know the song, but I thought it was a weird song and what he was referring to was probably that song?

Is that it?

17. no its not maps. ive heard the song before and i too would like to know what it is, it also sounds a bit like "everything" by abi tucker

18. Pants. I thought I'd saved the day for a minute.

19. It's "No Ordinary Morning" by Chicane. FACT.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.