Pokémon | Page 1074 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. So.. My sister is giving me Switch Lite (don’t @, I’ll use it basically only for Pokemon) with Shield for Christmas.

[​IMG]

Vixen, KingBruno, _hazzie_ and 2 others like this.
  2. This set of starters is competing with Gens 5 and 6 for the bottom.

3. [​IMG]

6 are among the strongest for me and 5 has a special place in my heart too.

4. These are the best starters in ages, the only gripe is the uninspired typings.

_hazzie_ likes this.
  5. My condolences.

6. The Gen 5 starters were amazing, but I'd have liked it better if Emboar did not have the flames around its neck (too much going on and also pointless - YES we know it's a fire type thank you) and if Samurott was bipedal as it would tie in better with its previous forms and also fit the way it is meant to fight (using its hands to wield its weapons).
    Chesnaught was also a brilliant design, even if it had nothing to do with Quilladin. Braixen was also amazing despite starting out as the definition of beige and ending up a wet rat, and Frokie-Frogadier were also really great.
    Out of ALL the forms of the starters of this gen, I only like Scorbunny and Raboot and even these don't work well as a line. The entire Grookey line in particular is utter trash, the rest are substandard at best.

If anyone can bother making a list of the scores of all starters and their evolved forms based on the master list it would be great. Otherwise I might make one tomorrow if I have the time.

AllSixSugababes likes this.
  7. RJF

RJF

I'm still laughing at Scorbunny's evolution line mutating like that. Like, a Fire-type starter based on a football player was always going to be atrocious, but scream.

Vixen, Rhombus, Sprockrooster and 5 others like this.
  8. k I've picked my team. I'm going to destroy Galar with Flygon, a teapot and a dead Corsola. See you all in a week!
    [​IMG]

Vixen, Bslg17, KingBruno and 18 others like this.
  9. I liked Gen 5 starters but Gen 6 was pretty awful. Greninja was the only saving grace but I feel like the anime ruined it.

10. Where's metapod?

11. Sobble's evolution is serving Grovyle levels of poise and disdain. We have to stan a tad.

12. I still think the Grookey has the best starter line of Galar. Serving both Donkey and Candy Kong at the same time.

Jam and codecat like this.
  13. Gigantamax Gengar
    [​IMG]

Gigantamax Flappe

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 12:14 AM
  14. See, this is why I hate all these gimmicks. Had this been a proper evolution instead, it would be its best by far.

On a more positive there are hopefully more forms to complain about we haven't seen yet?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 5:34 AM
  15. I will be getting Sobble because it's easily the best one of a bad bunch, but maybe this'll be one of those cases where I get rid of my starter early.

16. It will probably be my first time doing that. I usually had at least two starters I wanted to try out in different playthroughs, or wanted all three on my main team.

But at the same time I wonder if making a team of six means anything at all this time around. Won't we be constantly switching members in and out right before every big battle, now that we're given the option?
    Isn't that essentially the death of the "team" concept?

Vixen and Reboot like this.
  17. That's ... a very good point that I hadn't even considered yet. I do tend to religiously stick to six mons once I've put a team together that I really like/think is cute (to the point where I may have chosen a team that is really unsuitable for the Elite Four), but perhaps I'll be switching out more this time. It might actually make the battle experience more fun and dynamic. (I'm reminded of Yokai Watch, where I'm constantly using a different roster of Yokai depending on how I'm feeling.)

18. Those designs are pretty immaculate. Gigantamax really is great. The only thing I don’t like is the hideous red hue and the clouds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.