Pokémon | Page 1101 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Not even fought the first gym and I already have 21 pokemon and counting.... VERY different.

_hazzie_, aaronhansome and soratami like this.
  2. RJF

RJF

ok

maybe I have a brain bleed

but

I’ve just finished the second gym and

I’m kind of enjoying myself?????

3. Yes because even if the game COULD be better... the allure of catching and evolving and battling monsters is a base concept that has been strong for over 20 years.

I really am hoping that after the first gym, the cut scenes become a little more sparse? I can't walk 2 feet without someone needing to talk to me or bring me somewhere or do a quick battle with Hop or point out landmarks... Like... Everyone just needs to shut the hell up and leave me alone a bit.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Rob, _hazzie_ and Mr Blonde like this.
  4. Firing up a new Pokemon game and being surprised by the first new Pokemon you come across in the early routes is a great feeling.

I have avoided all spoilers so seeing Skwovert, Rookidee, Chewtle and Nicket all pop up unexpectedly was fantastic.

Regardless of all the criticism I’ve been reading I’m thoroughly enjoying this so far.

Glitterizer, _hazzie_ and soratami like this.

5. This still bops but I am a bit disappointed they didn't go with the rave feeling the whole way through.

V3RYP05H likes this.
  6. I CAN'T GET PAST THE FUCKING WATER GYM AT ALL!

[​IMG]

7. My trainer class when I pick this up tomorrow morning: upload_2019-11-15_22-34-29.png

jj_ and V3RYP05H like this.
  8. Jdjfidjr dying at everyone buying the game

papatrick, Bslg17, KingBruno and 13 others like this.
  9. Might join y’all.

[​IMG]

Bslg17, KingBruno, soratami and 12 others like this.
  10. The fact you can get a Natu before the first gym. Maybe I stan that spherical bird.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  11. Jokes on all of you, I can’t afford the game so I get to protest by my lonesome while everyone else converts and has moderate fun with it

[​IMG]

12. "You can't throw a Pokeball, it wont let its guard down!"

So.. they tell me to go to the wild area to catch new Pokemon and the first Pokemon I see I can't even catch yet...?

V3RYP05H likes this.
  13. Joining clown school with everyone else...but already found a used copy for ¥1,000 cheaper than asking price.

MysticWater and Jawshxx like this.
  14. Speaking of which, I think both this and the "it won't obey you" systems are stupid. Just don't let me use a higher-than-allowed-level mon, and don't even let my own mons level up higher than that threshold if it really matters that much (this would also somewhat balance the obligatory abuse of exp share). The idea that you can over-level your own mons but are not allowed to catch a similarly over-leveled wild mon is....wild.

Jawshxx likes this.
  15. Also totally a Shield but they only had Sword so Imma need someone to trade me the mons I want. ddddd

_hazzie_ likes this.
  16. I've only just entered the second city, but I'm enjoying the game so far. Like everyone else I'm frustrated that I can't catch higher-level Pokemon, but I love that I can still battle them. It's reminding me slightly of Breath of the Wild, except instead of avoiding Lynels I'm avoiding the scary Onix that my team can't beat yet. I also love that some Pokemon will chase you, whereas the others will run away from you looking scared.

I'm proud of myself that I didn't look at most of the leaks, because it means I get to go "WHAT IS THAT!?" whenever a new Pokemon pops up in a city or in a café.

soratami, Rob and _hazzie_ like this.
  17. I've seen all the leaks and I'd still go "what is THAT?" if I ever get a chance to play this game without paying a dime because I've sort of forgotten them all by now ddd.

Reboot likes this.
  18. I don't mind the level inhibitor too much.

It's like how in the old games you couldn't control higher level Pokemon that a friend traded you until you got certain badges.

soratami and Reboot like this.
  19. I just got a flashback to me winning the Johto league using only a level 70 Blastoise that wouldn't listen to me. Good times.

Mikey1701 and djmakemewet like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.