Pokémon | Page 1300 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Oops, I knew this post was not a good idea. (=You are right.)

XXX and V3RYP05H like this.
  2. Mega Houndoom is a femme goth queen. I will not be elaborating on this point.

Phloo, Mr Blonde, soratami and 4 others like this.
  3. The first time I saw it, my mind immediately went to:

Glitterizer likes this.
  4. I wouldn't say it's necessarily the best dog design, but it is a great design, and it's an absolute waste for it just to be a Zygarde form rather than its own Pokémon, especially as it's weaker than the other forms so there's absolutely no reason to ever use it.

5. Growlithe

That’s the post

Chezam, JuanJose and Mr Blonde like this.
  6. I don't know if Suicune is still considered a dog, but it is also pretty unbeatable in my mind.

7. Raikou is my favorite legendary dog. That design is just bonkers and brilliant.

8. Legendary dogs? Aren't Raikou, Entei and Suicune... big cats? A tiger, a lion, and a cheetah?

Mr Blonde, Chezam and Chris_P like this.
  9. Leopard, not cheetah (it's not like it looks like either, ddd), but yeah. No idea how the name caught on and endured like it has. Really makes you think. And then the beta with the literal elemental dogs leaked and so far the only legitimate explanation is that we are in the matrix?

10. Personally I think they all have both canine and feline features (like Eevee and its evolutions), but they lean more to the "cat" end of the spectrum, specially Raikou.

Mr Blonde, soratami and Chris_P like this.
  11. Yeah, I think Entei makes sense as both a dog and a lion. Raikou as a tiger and Suicune as a hooveless ungulate/kirin (nothing feline or canine about it in my eyes).

12. Jam

Jam

I remember as a kid, back in the days of Gold and Silver, Nintendo Official Magazine (my main source of info alongside various other gaming mags, and no steady internet) would always refer to them as Legendary Dogs in all their special guides etc. so the term always stuck with me. Even when I decided at a later point they clearly were not dogs, now I just refer to them as Beasts.

V3RYP05H and Chris_P like this.
  13. Yeah, they were definitely referred to as Legendary Dogs back in the day but Officially they’re Legendary Beasts which seems even more fitting.

Can we talk about how the Legendary Birds are also known as Winged Mirages? Like... that’s such a great name it makes me sad the L-Beasts don’t have something similar.

dodoriazarbon, Chezam and Chris_P like this.
  14. People who refer to them as legendary dogs are wrong and need to be told they're wrong until they correct themselves. You don't need to call them cats, but dogs is just incorrect.

[​IMG]

15. Haha I knew @BEST FICTION would be triggered and here to fight on the matter! Personally... I’ve always called them dogs because as @Jam pointed out in reviews/promo/articles/unofficial things around release, in the UK at least, it was always dogs.

16. WOOF. Yeah the only reason I called them legendary dogs is because... that's what they were called originally. But I'm fine not calling them dogs.

Just none of you come for Raikou or there will be blood.

V3RYP05H likes this.
  17. Thay probably translated the Japanese name inaccurately ddd. It's not like it's the only time that happened – anyone remember Tin Tower in the original Johto games, or Primal Dialga from Mystery Dungeon?

18. RJF

RJF

Uh... did The Pokémon Company get hacked?

aux likes this.
  19. Look at the date, sis.

FridayNight, aux and aaronhansome like this.
  20. RJF

RJF

It’s 8PM this fucking NONSENSE should be OVER!!!!!!

Rhombus, FridayNight, askew and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.