Pokémon | Page 1413 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. It would be a kii if it turned out to be false. GameFreak need to start leaking bullshit information that sounds plausible.

bbynewyear likes this.
  2. RJF

RJF

Typhlosion and Samurrot are great choices to receive makeovers as they're respectively boring and awkward (how Samurrot is meant to fight with the blades on its arms when it walks on four legs is beyond my understanding) but in terms of taking the opportunity for a redesign I'm not sure how Decidueye qualified when it's probably one of the best starter designs ever. If they were trying to avoid Gen 4 starters and having two starters from the same region, I'm surprised Chespin wasn't picked instead. Like, they were obviously never going to fuck with Venusaur, Sceptile had its Mega, and Rillaboom is too recent. So why not give Gen 6 a bit of love?

Mr Blonde, Lapras, Chezam and 4 others like this.
  3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Stunky and Skuntank could do with a redesign, that Donald Trump toupee ain't it

YourLeadSinger and bbynewyear like this.
  4. I do think they'll get new forms as it makes the most sense considering other Hisuian forms and evos allthough with GF you never know.
    What i want to know if other starter of Johto, Unova and Alola will appear at some point.

5. I think they just went with the starters whose final evolutions fit the medieval Japan inspired setting the best. Samurott being a samurai, Decidueye an archer and Typhlosion... I'm not sure but I guess it fits too. Chesnaught is based on a western knight so it would be a bit out of place.

6. I think they wanted pokemon that would feel more ancient japan. So samurai otter, an archer owl and Typhlosions japanese name is in some way related to shogun. Chesnaught would be more in place in medieval western themed game (legends Eternatus?) alongside Charizard and Empoleon.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    YourLeadSinger and soratami like this.
  7. Chesnaught would be more in place in a ugly themed game.

8. RJF

RJF

You say that... then @Glitterizer comes in and tells us that he spends all day doing commissions of Chestnaught dicking down Lilligant and Tsareena.

9. I need a Where Are They Now episode. I haven't done commissions OR furry art in like... half a decade ddd
    I do Patreon and only draw what I want / humans now.
    But I can confirm Chesnaught enjoys niche popularity.

10. I’ve always liked Chestnaught the best of that ugly Gen. Plus, it was the only of the three that surprised me in the game, the overrated frog and the weird fox mage were useless for me in my play through.

11. Delphox is my favorite fire starter of the franchise nn.

12. I wont take any Chesnaught hate. Its by far one of the most useful grass starters and it doesnt need extra carrying from other team members unlike several other grass starters that i wont name...

13. I just hatched a shiny Rowlet in Shield, I’m hoping to be able to transfer it to Legends via Home - but we’ll see if that ever becomes an option.

As we’re talking about starters - my rate (trio as a whole, then favourite to least) would be:

Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil

Froakie, Fennekin, Chespin

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle

Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko

Sobble, Grookey, Scorbunny

Piplup, Turtwig, Chimchar

Rowlet (would be much higher if not with the other two) … Litten, Popplio

Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig

bbynewyear likes this.
  14. Braixen is the best mid evo starter.

Braixen should have been the final evo tbh.

now sis…

Mr Blonde and Chris_P like this.
  15. Delphox looks awesome in the official Sugimori art and other depictions, but the in-game model and posing is ass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still, a very stylish Pokémon in my book!

16. I finally beat Cynthia ha annoying ass

Spiritomb, Lucario and Garchomp… this kills the man

Wishlight, Mr Blonde, Rob and 3 others like this.
  17. Now that i think about it Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja really should be starters of their own Kalos legends game. Legends Zygarde set in medieval Kalos full of castles, palaces etc. Not only would they fit the setting but also they're the only starters that had just one game (Galar got dlcs at least) so why give the job to others when they could do it perfectly? I would only give them extra forms to make them more attractive for the audience (megas?) Grass-Steel knight Chesnaught, Fire-Fairy witch Delphox, Water-Fighting thief Greninja.

18. This would be great, so it won't happen.

19. Rob

Rob

Kadabra and Blissey? It's no wonder it took you so long with that weak defense and attack respectively.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.