Pokémon

Imma be real a lot of fakemon for the past few years have been looking a lot better than new mainline designs.

so if they look like fakemon, I’ll take it! Still wish Sneasler looked like that one particular fakemon design…

Sprigatito
Category: Grass Cat Pokémon
Height: 1′4″
Weight: 9 lbs.
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
The capricious, attention-seeking Grass Cat Pokémon.

Fuecoco
Category: Fire Croc Pokémon
Height: 1′4″
Weight: 21.6 lbs.
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
The laid-back Fire Croc Pokémon that does things at its own pace.

Quaxly
Category: Duckling Pokémon
Height: 1′8″
Weight: 13.4 lbs.
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
The earnest and tidy Duckling Pokémon.

The way they look like NPCs you'd battle on Route 1...

okay… you’re not wrong, but… you’re not right… like it’s an understated look! It’s saying ‘don’t look at me’ and I actually love that tbh.

It’s not Black and White 2’s ‘I’m cool as fuck’ school of design (which I love) and I kinda vibe with that. Going the other way.

But mostly I love the shape design. Much preferred to sword and shield’s trainers. I wasn’t a fan of the very tall eyes back then.

I’m pretty concerned about the high speed in which Game Freak chunks out new games, but looking at these graphics I can say I’m a bit perched.

rdp

he/him
It looks like Portugal is part of the map already, no DLC needed dd

Screenshotter-You-Tube-Pokmon-Scarletand-Pokmon-Violet-Announcement-Trailer-2-19.jpg

It really can’t be overstated how much Pokémon graphics suffers when it doesn’t have outlines and cel-shading. The protags in the official art look very official and Pokémon-like, but in-game they look like third-party randos. The Sword and Shield rendering style (outside of the wild area) worked perfectly fine, but of course they “had” to change it or else it wouldn’t look like enough of an upgrade…

The overworld, scale aside, looks worse than Galar overall, but better than the Wild Area so… eh.

Last edited: