Pokémon

Actually good news regarding the current games, and new games with the best looking characters since Gen 4, and really good looking nexomon neopets starters, including the best looking grass starter ever (the way we keep winning), a red hot chilli pepper croco, and Warrio's duck/crane? Have we ever gotten so much good stuff out of a Presents?

F

Fertilizer

I think that's fine, honestly. I'd rather the base Pokémon battling/catching mechanics remain as they usually are (though with the Legends seamless transitions in and out of battle), with Legends games being their own thing. Mainline Pokémon games have never really been about Go/Legends-style chucking one ball after the other and catching the same Pokémon tens of times, actually battling the wild Pokémon is an important part of the gameplay too.
And who said anything about chucking one ball after the other and catching the same Pokémon tens of times? Being able to sneak up on Pokémon to catch them OR battling them is good in general. It’s good to have options.

And if we can’t actually have throw mechanics, how are we gonna engage in these apparently seamless battles? Just walking up to the Pokémon and bumping into it is gonna look silly as hell.

And who said anything about chucking one ball after the other and catching the same Pokémon tens of times? Being able to sneak up on Pokémon to catch them OR battling them is good in general. It’s good to have options.

And if we can’t actually have throw mechanics, how are we gonna engage in these apparently seamless battles? Just walking up to the Pokémon and bumping into it is gonna look silly as hell.

I think it might be that. With stronger Pokémon requiring you to battle if you fail the catch as opposed to getting to try again.

It's confusing because these grass patches look very Legends-system to hide in.

FMnMl2FVkAQ24fX

I also think we’re highkey gonna get Gen V remakes during the Switch’s timeline so let’s just hope they bring in remakes closer to ORAS but also spoil us with a Legends: One Dragon.

F

Fertilizer

I mean, that's what the games end up boiling down to when you don't actually need to battle wild Pokémon. Go, Let's Go and Legends are all like that.
All they have to do is make some of them nearly impossible to catch without battling, while others are easier but can still fail.

All they have to do is make some of them nearly impossible to catch without battling, while others are easier but can still fail.

That would work I guess (though then people would probably just complain about Pokémon being too hard to catch dd)

Unrelated, but I'm somewhat surprised Legends DLC wasn't mentioned at all in the presentation, not even "look forward to more updates in the future" or whatever after they announced today's update. I guess they'll probably reveal it in another Direct and release it in the Summer or something.

F

Fertilizer

Yeah I also think that’s it for Legends ddd
If an actual DLC expansion was to come this year they would have said something.

After this I don't think an actual Legends Arceus DLC exists?

I thought it was basically (unoficially) confirmed it was in development? Besides, I highly doubt we'll go from January until October/November, which is when Scarlet/Violet should come out, without any sort of Pokémon release. There aren't even any spin-offs lined up for this year or anything.

Hmmm yeah the free legends DLC… Is honestly just cute for people who would like some shiny alphas. It was basically like a special raid den update.

But if there was more planned you’d think there would be clear preview of it, like they did with the SWSH DLC.

8 months till Gen 9 (if they stick with a November release like before) so they’ll probably fill the summer with something, I guess? Another free legends update?

Im surprised Arceus guidebook is out in April. Like...why? By then everybody will finish the game already. Without any bigger update its weird.

Whats even weirder is that there are 60 pokemon that didnt appear in the 8th gen and even on the Switch. Its especially weird for fan favourite like Greninja.

One of the biggest issues of Galar were short hallway routes between each city but with an open world it shouldnt be an issue anymore. We didnt see a single trainer though...ddd

Here's hoping the cities arent so empty and lifeless either. Overall its looking really good.

He / Him
Well looks like they are doing what I wanted which is merge Legends and the series previous gameplay. I love how bright and colourful everything is!

The starters are leaving me cold though. Another cat… another duck, wow groundbreaking. Still I’m pretty excited!