Pokémon

But I also bought Violet, so I’m obviously not one to talk.

I think you can talk your shit about a product you bought. You bought it, you'd be speaking from experience at least lol.

Also I never played Johto so a lets go remake would be fine for me, though that catching mechanic is boring as hell. But aesthetically I would love it.

Reactions: kal
F

Fertilizer

I think you can talk your shit about a product you bought. You bought it, you'd be speaking from experience at least lol.

Also I never played Johto so a lets go remake would be fine for me, though that catching mechanic is boring as hell. But aesthetically I would love it.
You can catch Pokémon normally in battle in Legends too, throwing balls from the overworld is not the only way.

He / Him
Caught my first shiny ever, this cute little guy!

HOME613_s.png

This is one of my all time faves. Look at that lil lilac cutie!

I'm trying to use new Mons this playthrough and struggling a bitsy. Anyone got any recommendations? So far I have: the grass starter, the dolphin, the electric dog, the fairy scone thing. I'm playing around with a Swablu as well and she's... Cute.

Reactions: jj_
I'm trying to use new Mons this playthrough and struggling a bitsy. Anyone got any recommendations? So far I have: the grass starter, the dolphin, the electric dog, the fairy scone thing. I'm playing around with a Swablu as well and she's... Cute.

I've tried a bunch of the new Pokémon, and aside from some Normal types Finizen is probably the most useless. I suppose it gets good after evolving but it takes a while to get there so at least until you get to that level range I'd just ditch it. I'm also using the other three you mentioned and I think they're great. Going for for example Wugtrio, Clodsire and Lokix would probably complement them well, and they can all be caught/evolved early. But from what I've seen most of the new Pokémon are good, it's fun to just try a few of them and see which ones you like.

Listen I don’t need ideal natures for the main quest but why does everything I catch have to have the sad blue arrow next to its best base stat?

Natures definitely don't matter that much going through the game but I still never use Pokémon with detrimental or completely useless ones (basically, physical attackers with -Atk or +SpA and special attackers with -SpA or +Atk). I usually catch two or three of a species and then go with the one with the best nature/ability, but when that doesn't work you can just pop a mint. It's nice how you can actually run into a few very early in the game this time around.

You can catch Pokémon normally in battle in Legends too, throwing balls from the overworld is not the only way.

Legends?

I remember Let’s Go mostly having the Pokémon Go catching style mechanic. Which got old fast, but there’s enough I haven’t experienced about Johto for me to not mind a remake in that style. If it must happen.

He/Him
My friend found 3 shinies in one evening the other night... Psyduck, Magikarp and the new pig. I have been playing Pokemon games since Gold/Silver and still have yet to run into one (other than the shiny Gyarados that everyone experiences). Most of the shiny colors are ugly but there are a few that look better than the base color.
So, I finally ran into my first shiny Pokemon ever... Sinistea! Not a bad first shiny to run into. I also did a Surprise Trade today and got a shiny Mudsdale...

I'm also up to 314 Pokemon... about to hit the harder Pokemon to catch to finish my Pokedex. Does anyone need a Sprigatito? I'll trade one for a Water starter...

Last edited:
F

Fertilizer

Legends?

I remember Let’s Go mostly having the Pokémon Go catching style mechanic. Which got old fast, but there’s enough I haven’t experienced about Johto for me to not mind a remake in that style. If it must happen.
Oh. I misread your post, nevermind dd

Just reached the first poke center, and biggest what the fuck yet:
Why the hell would you need to hide the camera guide? Why would you ever want those icons to be in the photo??? I took a bunch of great photos...with the guide icons on them. Why make it/present it as a feature if it's half the function and the other half is merely the console's screenshot function? Having to turn those off before taking the picture was probably explained in-game somewhere and I missed it, didn't I... And can you even get your pokemon to look at the camera or do you just have to time things perfectly yourself and hope for the best? It's what I've been doing and it is exhausting. Between this and the messed up photos... I am disheartened.
Still, probably going to start over. I had a bunch of great shots with all the starters, Koraidon, a flock of fletchling watching me, a group of hoppip sleeping together etc to share with friends who don't have the game yet...and I'd like to have them without the icons on them...

Anyway, up to the first pokemon center it is the best experience we have had for this first part of any pokemon game. The pace is amazing (and the flaws hilarious, but probably for another post), and it is promising for the rest of the game and whatever they release next.