Pokémon

he / him
Theory going around regarding the endgame plot + future DLC:

The professor thinks they made a time machine using the power of the crater, but there's some evidence that they're incorrect. The "paradox" Pokemon are so named because they're described in a book before the professor built the time machine, and the professor was only inspired to build the time machine because they saw the Pokemon in the book - hence, a paradox. Without the time machine, the Pokemon couldn't exist. But the time machine only exists because of the Pokemon - a classic "bootstrap paradox".

However, if you take the Paradox Pokemon into the other game, their dex entries describe them as "made-up", stuff that seems to be from fantasy/sci-fi pulp books (Occulture in the library).

In the same library, you can read a copy of the Scarlet/Violet Book in your school's entrance hall, and that book discusses the adventures of a research team that went into the crater.

They also describe an "artist's rendering" of what "other Pokemon down there could look like", and this rendering is the Paradox form of the Legendary Beasts / Swords of Justice, which will be in the DLC. This Pokemon is strictly imaginary according to the book, which brings into question how we'd be able to catch it, and how it could become real.

2022112213343800-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

pokemon_scarlet_e_violet_and_imagined_pokemon_violet.png

One of the things the book talks about is a weird crystal ball entity. It's massive and seems to be alive somehow. What little info we know about that Pokemon hints that it is able to make your imagination become a reality. The explorers imagined terrible beasts inside the crater, and so the third Legendary Pokemon created terrible beasts from their imagination. Since the explorers imagined that the beasts would look like the stuff they saw in their pulp magazines, that's exactly what was created - "fake" imaginary Pokemon that came from the pages of those magazines.

FidCrZJX0AALqxO

The professor assumed these were real Pokemon from the past/future and that the crater thus must hold the secret to time travel. We know time travel is possible - Arceus, Dialga, and Celebi all can do it - but that doesn't explain the strangeness that is things like "the crystals are able to power advanced AI".

But if the third legend can make your imagination into a reality, then because the professor was able to imagine crazy things like time travel and advanced AI assistants, the legendary Pokemon happily created imaginary things like a time machine or sentient AI.

When you fight your box legendary, you'll notice squares show up in the AI's trainer name. These are the same squares covering part of the text in the book.

There's also the fact that a character (I forgot who) refers to Terastalizing saying "go, become what you really want to be!" to her Pokémon, and the Tera Crowns have this little face on an hexagon shape... just like the supposed legendary in the book is made of hexagons, and we know the Tera Orbs are made from the crystals in Area Zero.

FgLH3RHaYAAzjLK

And if anyone thinks this is all a reach... Arven basically spells it out for us:

Whats-App-Image-2022-11-28-at-08-48-41.jpg

This is even crazier than the whole Ultra Beasts story. I love it.

Oh I just thought this will line up with that one leak I saw recently that said DLC content will bring a kind of Poke-gen mechanic forward!

Not y’all already discussing the end of the game! How do y’all have the time! T-T
TOXIC? You were out here playing mind games and stalling out the NPCs and I love it.

Honestly, they’ve started! They pretty much removed Scald from the game (it’s only learnable by Volcanion now) and they nerfed Zacian, Zamazemta (poor it! Had to be nerfed in parallel with its counterpart), Cresselia, and one of the Chinese disaster legends from this game before launch (the Ice one).
The only time I’ve ever had a strategy that wasn’t just OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE.

I remember reading them removing Scald and GAGGED! That was cruel. But I was saying imagine if the next patch (and all subsequent ones) also included nerfs? A living breathing meta like all fighting games.

My Blissey is serving c*nt, but I admit I have no idea how to use her. Anyone got suggestions, because she needs to be on my team even if just for aesthetics.

My Blissey is serving c*nt, but I admit I have no idea how to use her. Anyone got suggestions, because she needs to be on my team even if just for aesthetics.
In-game? I say this as someone whose fave is Blissey… there really is no way to use it, especially since it doesn’t even get Toxic anymore. Get a Wigglytuff with Competitive for your trouble instead ddd

It still has some use in PVP but it doesn’t apply to the way battles happen in the main campaign.

In-game? I say this as someone whose fave is Blissey… there really is no way to use it, especially since it doesn’t even get Toxic anymore. Get a Wigglytuff with Competitive for your trouble instead ddd

It still has some use in PVP but it doesn’t apply to the way battles happen in the main campaign.
Upsetting. I wanted to make her my Wall Queen!

So far i did
Bug gym
Rock Titan
Grass gym
Flying titan
Dark base
Electric gym
Fire base
And now im in the Steel titan area exploring around. The areas are huge in this game but i wish they had a little more points of interest? Still its great and huge improvement over SWSH. I will say that Legends Arceus feels more realized though. I feel like SV could use side missions like LA had.

The professor thinks they made a time machine using the power of the crater, but there's some evidence that they're incorrect. The "paradox" Pokemon are so named because they're described in a book before the professor built the time machine, and the professor was only inspired to build the time machine because they saw the Pokemon in the book - hence, a paradox. Without the time machine, the Pokemon couldn't exist. But the time machine only exists because of the Pokemon - a classic "bootstrap paradox".

However, if you take the Paradox Pokemon into the other game, their dex entries describe them as "made-up", stuff that seems to be from fantasy/sci-fi pulp books (Occulture in the library).

In the same library, you can read a copy of the Scarlet/Violet Book in your school's entrance hall, and that book discusses the adventures of a research team that went into the crater.

They also describe an "artist's rendering" of what "other Pokemon down there could look like", and this rendering is the Paradox form of the Legendary Beasts / Swords of Justice, which will be in the DLC. This Pokemon is strictly imaginary according to the book, which brings into question how we'd be able to catch it, and how it could become real.

One of the things the book talks about is a weird crystal ball entity. It's massive and seems to be alive somehow. What little info we know about that Pokemon hints that it is able to make your imagination become a reality. The explorers imagined terrible beasts inside the crater, and so the third Legendary Pokemon created terrible beasts from their imagination. Since the explorers imagined that the beasts would look like the stuff they saw in their pulp magazines, that's exactly what was created - "fake" imaginary Pokemon that came from the pages of those magazines.

FidCrZJX0AALqxO

The professor assumed these were real Pokemon from the past/future and that the crater thus must hold the secret to time travel. We know time travel is possible - Arceus, Dialga, and Celebi all can do it - but that doesn't explain the strangeness that is things like "the crystals are able to power advanced AI".

But if the third legend can make your imagination into a reality, then because the professor was able to imagine crazy things like time travel and advanced AI assistants, the legendary Pokemon happily created imaginary things like a time machine or sentient AI.

When you fight your box legendary, you'll notice squares show up in the AI's trainer name. These are the same squares covering part of the text in the book.

There's also the fact that a character (I forgot who) refers to Terastalizing saying "go, become what you really want to be!" to her Pokémon, and the Tera Crowns have this little face on an hexagon shape... just like the supposed legendary in the book is made of hexagons, and we know the Tera Orbs are made from the crystals in Area Zero.

FgLH3RHaYAAzjLK

And if anyone thinks this is all a reach... Arven basically spells it out for us:

Whats-App-Image-2022-11-28-at-08-48-41.jpg

THIS is a gag.

It's a fun fakeout too (if true), because back-to-back with Legends: Arceus they've been toying with more advanced real world concepts relating to evolution: extinction, natural selection and change over time. So on the surface the paradox pokémon seem like snapshots into the evolutionary past/future of specific species from the present day.

BUT it would also explain why none of the paradox mons have evolutionary families. They aren't actually brought from ecosystems future or past, they're simply isolated ideas brought to life by this mysterious legendary.

It also gives Scarlet/Violet a thematic parallel to Spell of the Unown, the crystal motif and the power of imagination manifesting in the real world via a pokemon. Kinda cool to bring arguably the least canon movie back into the fold two decades later.

Last edited:
The number of Nymbles, Pawmis, and Capsakids I’ve run over with my Miraidon’s tires - why are they so TINY?! Imagine shiny hunting these??

The "realistic" sizes are quite cool (Flabébé being absolutely tiny is a scream), but it is true some of the smaller Pokémon can be hard to see, especially in the tall grass. On the other hand I'm kinda surprised how big some of them are? Like, Slowpoke especially is way bigger than in other games, it's wild how big it is compared to all the other beach Pokémon. Luvdisc is much bigger than I expected too, I thought it was small but it's actually bigger than a lot of the other ocean Pokémon.

FidCrZJX0AALqxO

FgLH3RHaYAAzjLK

Love this - so much fun, would love for it to play out like this because a Time Machine at the bottom of the crater doesn’t totally explain why Area Zero is so strange.

But ‘the further you go down into the crater, the more reality bends and distorts’ seems to be the general idea of it all. It’s all so scary and otherworldly!

Also guys, what do you think are the chances of the version exclusive paradox mons becoming available in the opposite copies down the line... I really need a shiny version of Slither Wing and its killing me a little. (with me as the original trainer)

It also gives Scarlet/Violet a thematic parallel to Spell of the Unown, the crystal motif and the power of imagination manifesting in the real world via a pokemon. Kinda cool to bring arguably the least canon movie back into the fold two decades later.

Yup, I immediately thought of that movie when the crystals + imagination connection came about. I hope Unown finally gets some more "power" in the lore again.

Actual power in the mechanics would be nice too ddd Maybe a way to unify some Unown into a single Pokémon to unlock their strength?

On the other hand I'm kinda surprised how big some of them are? Like, Slowpoke especially is way bigger than in other games, it's wild how big it is compared to all the other beach Pokémon. Luvdisc is much bigger than I expected too, I thought it was small but it's actually bigger than a lot of the other ocean Pokémon.
There's also the fact that's there's quite a lot of size variation the Pokémon can have. I don't think any are as huge as Alpha ones in Arceus, but still:

1669594524378185.png

Last edited:
I still haven't seen one, and I'm beginning to think they just forgot to code them into my copy.

They're definitely not easy to come across, I've only found them in flower patches in pretty out of the way locations, like the strip of land by the sea between the sky titan's lair and the desert.