Pokémon

So.. one of the most tedious tasks in filling up a living dex will be getting all variants of Vivillon.

It appears that the “easiest” method is through postcards in Pokemon Go.

If anyone would like to add me and send me a card, I will send you one back. 232705780513 - this is my friend code.

Rmx

He/Him/His
I'm such an idiot.

I'm haven't played most of the games in full post Black/White because I have simply not enjoyed them (with the exception of Sun/Moon, I quite liked those) so my stupid ass walked into GameMania today, looked at the used game section, saw Sword on sale for €32 (a steal! They usually resell even on sites like eBay for at least 35 to 40) and thought "this would be a perfect time to try the game again, see if I like it this time and get familiar with the Kalos region before Legends Z :)".

Then I walked out of the store and realised... this ain't X/Y, sis. And I can't go back for a refund. I really hope I'll enjoy this game the second time around. I really didn't give it much of a chance, probably didn't go further than maybe 2 or 3 towns. Could you guys help me pick a starter? I don't even know what their evolutions look like because they haven't been introduced in GO yet (which I play daily). Also, did I pick the right game? Shield was also there but I prefer Zacian over the other one (I do know Zacian as a GO player, obviously).

I'm such an idiot.

I'm haven't played most of the games in full post Black/White because I have simply not enjoyed them (with the exception of Sun/Moon, I quite liked those) so my stupid ass walked into GameMania today, looked at the used game section, saw Sword on sale for €32 (a steal! They usually resell even on sites like eBay for at least 35 to 40) and thought "this would be a perfect time to try the game again, see if I like it this time and get familiar with the Kalos region before Legends Z :)".

Then I walked out of the store and realised... this ain't X/Y, sis. And I can't go back for a refund. I really hope I'll enjoy this game the second time around. I really didn't give it much of a chance, probably didn't go further than maybe 2 or 3 towns. Could you guys help me pick a starter? I don't even know what their evolutions look like because they haven't been introduced in GO yet (which I play daily). Also, did I pick the right game? Shield was also there but I prefer Zacian over the other one (I do know Zacian as a GO player, obviously).
I think you cannot refund it indeed, but a change or voucher should work according to their site, for used games.
Tweedehands (USED) games die je in een van onze winkels hebt gekocht mag je binnen veertien dagen na aankoop éénmalig ruilen voor een andere game of een waardebon. Dit mag natuurlijk zonder opgave van reden!
https://www.gamemania.nl/nl/klantenservice#retours

Reactions: Rmx
I'm such an idiot.

It really doesn't matter which one you pick as there are just so many options for all 3 types they represent. Go for whatever one you like the look of.

• Love
Reactions: Rmx
This finally arrived today!

PXL-20240228-175457434.jpg

I may have begun a lil playthrough of Pokemon X today.

I can't remember anything except being vaguely disappointed after the series high that was Black/White 2, ready to give it a reassessment.

The pacing early on in XY was brilliant. It really let you take in the sheer scope of what a Pokemon adventure in 3D could be. The region felt big and the diversity of Pokemon was stunning. Once you get the second gym badge the league and plot start rushing along though.
The sheer diversity of Pokémon available, the 3D effect, the time it takes to get to the second gym… they really set the expectation high. It’s a mess after, but yeah. I’ll also keep a soft spot for X because it was the first time ever I completed the national dex, AND I got it before street date when it was the first worldwide simultaneous release and went in entirely blind. A lot of fun.

One thing im happy about is that Z-A is a single version. I was afraid that after the success of Arceus they'll go for two versions like other main titles but they didnt. That means getting Pokemon like Aromatisse, Gourgeist, Conkeldurr or Accelgor should be no problem (if they're in the game).

He / Him
Did anyone play the Pokemon day outbreaks in SV? The shiny odds were so high! I bagged myself a female, shiny Grookey with the sleepy mark after hunting Hisuian Voltorbs, I feel like the chances for all that are pretty low!

I may have begun a lil playthrough of Pokemon X today.

I can't remember anything except being vaguely disappointed after the series high that was Black/White 2, ready to give it a reassessment.

I must say I fancy a play though again myself, I can barely remember it either.

I didn't realise so many of you here play Go! I've gotten really into it the past few years. I think the addition of remote raids was a huge factor as before that 5 star raid bosses felt out of bounds since I don't have any friends which play it. I've managed to get 824 Pokemon in my Pokedex (and I have a living dex). I went pretty hard with the 10km eggs last weekend for those regionals and managed to get 29 of them of which I've hatched 24 so far. Managed to even get a shiny Carnivine out of it!

Rmx

He/Him/His
I didn't realise so many of you here play Go! I've gotten really into it the past few years. I think the addition of remote raids was a huge factor as before that 5 star raid bosses felt out of bounds since I don't have any friends which play it. I've managed to get 824 Pokemon in my Pokedex (and I have a living dex). I went pretty hard with the 10km eggs last weekend for those regionals and managed to get 29 of them of which I've hatched 24 so far. Managed to even get a shiny Carnivine out of it!

Damn! I have 822 in my dex and I've played from day 1. (like, minus 1 even since I downloaded it through the New Zealand app store a day early).

I did not splurge on anything past weekend (no incubators, no tickets) so I'm unfortunately still left without Chatot... I did already have a Carvinine and loads of Pachirisu from GO Fest 2023. I wonder which other Pokémon makes the 2-Pokémon difference between our dexes. You must have a regional I'm missing. Or maybe you have a Keldeo? I did not buy that ticket at the time and still regret it to this day.

Damn! I have 822 in my dex and I've played from day 1. (like, minus 1 even since I downloaded it through the New Zealand app store a day early).

I did not splurge on anything past weekend (no incubators, no tickets) so I'm unfortunately still left without Chatot... I did already have a Carvinine and loads of Pachirisu from GO Fest 2023. I wonder which other Pokémon makes the 2-Pokémon difference between our dexes. You must have a regional I'm missing. Or maybe you have a Keldeo? I did not buy that ticket at the time and still regret it to this day.

I also first played it from before it was released in Europe - July 9th 2016 apparently! But I pretty much stopped after the hype died down until end of 2019 and then only got really into it the past 2 or so years. I'm free to play though which is part of the fun. Only thing I spent money on was the shiny Mew ticket. But I was hoarding incubators and passes ahead of the Sinnoh tour in preparation!

Also I have a list of all the available Pokemon in the game which I'm missing if you're interested.

Maractus
Sigilyph
Bouffant
Volcarona
Keldeo
Skiddo
Gogoat
Hawlucha
Diancie
Salazzle (I've hatched 6 Male Salandits)
Comfey
Zacian
Varoom
Revaroom
Arctibax
Baxcalibur (I have the candy for this and Arctibax but the Frigibaxes I have have low IVs)
Goldhengo

Last edited: