Pokémon

I don't know if anyone keeps up with fangames but the creator/lead dev of PokeRogue stepped down yesterday out of absolutely nowhere because "Jesus willed it so" and I felt like a hater for thinking it was weird reason to give up the biggest fangame of all time but then we found out he's transphobic so nn good riddance.

I don't know if anyone keeps up with fangames but the creator/lead dev of PokeRogue stepped down yesterday out of absolutely nowhere because "Jesus willed it so" and I felt like a hater for thinking it was weird reason to give up the biggest fangame of all time but then we found out he's transphobic so nn good riddance.
And aren't all sorts of projects and sites being ordered to shut down these days anyway? I was reading about several such cases a couple of weeks ago.

And aren't all sorts of projects and sites being ordered to shut down these days anyway? I was reading about several such cases a couple of weeks ago.

A big forum for fangames and resources was taken down in March yeah but it recently came back online, fully archived but with a rebrand. How long it'll last now, who's to say.

But in general Nintendo's legal team has been hounding the fangame/modding/emulation communities harder than ever before. It's a miracle that PokeRogue is still up given its sudden stratospheric rise to popularity and the fact its one GitHub report away from being destroyed.

This is why I can't see a Switch 2 title any time soon

They historically always choose the established base

Gen 10 on Switch 2 in 2026 for the franchise's 30th anniversary. Anything between the release of Z-A and then is up for debate. Personally I think Z-A is going to be the last game on Switch 1 (outside of side games) and even then it's an extra being thrown out there in terms of precedent.

There's still a decent chance of Let's Go Johto on Switch 2 in late 2025. I imagine there's less pressure on the Let's Go games in terms of commercial performance and it's probably a low-key way to increase the install base ahead of Gen 10. (Not necessarilly willing this into existence, by the way -- just thinking how GF and Nintendo brass would think of things from a business perspective.)

Gender specific evolutions are the worse mechanic ever. Searching for a Pokemon that is rare only to add to the fact that the gender you need to find to evolve is like 20%? Kill it.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Gender specific evolutions are the worse mechanic ever. Searching for a Pokemon that is rare only to add to the fact that the gender you need to find to evolve is like 20%? Kill it.

salazzle-talk.gif

Rmx

He/Him/His
Okay but this is the bitch I am hunting for.

dd I knew that when you posted it.

In which game, though? In GO these are so insanely hard to find. 12km eggs, I don't know what percentage but it has to be under 10%. I think I hatched over a dozen before I got a female one.

dd I knew that when you posted it.

In which game, though? In GO these are so insanely hard to find. 12km eggs, I don't know what percentage but it has to be under 10%. I think I hatched over a dozen before I got a female one.
A rom hack called Unbound. It's a rare encounter and the only place before Victory Road to find it. I could easily cheat one in but I am trying to be legit, for the most part.

Reactions: Rmx
I've started playing Pokemon Go from scratch after a 3 year break. It feels simpler compared to how it used to be but I'm enjoying it as a cute way to pass some time.

I need friends so that I'm tempted as little as possible to actually spend money on items: 6599 4993 9614

Has anyone ever used Dragalge before? Any good?
I want a dragon for my team and I like the poison typing it has because there are a lot of Fairy types in this game. It looks like a solid mon albeit very slow, my team has plenty of speedy members so it's not a huge issue.

Has anyone ever used Dragalge before? Any good?
I want a dragon for my team and I like the poison typing it has because there are a lot of Fairy types in this game. It looks like a solid mon albeit very slow, my team has plenty of speedy members so it's not a huge issue.

I used it in my X team and remember it being really good (for ingame at least, I don't play competitive). Such a great design as well. It does take ages to evolve though.

Last edited:
I used it in my X team and remember it being really good (for ingame at least, I don't plat competitive). Such a great design as well. It does take ages to evolve though.
Oh that's fine, I'll go destroy some Audino families.
I don't do competitive either, so will just go ahead and use it. Cheers.