Pokémon | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. HAHA.
    I still play Yellow sometimes when I have nothing important to do.
    I went to France last month and it is such a good time wasting activity for the ferry crossing!

I hate the new Pokemon though, classic 151 all the way!

2. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

By the way the best Pokemon ever was Mr. Mime.

I wanted to BE Mr. Mime.

3. Err, Psyduck?
    Jeez.

4. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Mr. Mime > Jiggypuff > The Poo > everything else

5. Oh shit!
    I forgot Jigglypuff - he is the most amazing. Especially in the TV show.
    But Mr. Mime just creeps me out.

6. Jigglypuff is great. His personality in the anime is fantastic.

7. I always thought that Pokémon Stadium on the N64 was about as pointless as SM:TV Gold — but maybe that's because I got my hopes up too high. ):

The whole Pokémon craze was pretty mental at school, actually. During break time, there'd be countless groups of kids huddled around one another in the yard, excitedly swapping cards, exchanging tips, and trading Charmeleons, Geodudes, Porygons, and that shitty leaf one.

[​IMG]

Snorlax was my Pokémon of choice. His special ability was sleeping, so he was close to my heart, obviously.

The Sky1 anime cartoon was the best, though: and this was clearly the finest song, missmackenzie.

youtube.com/watch?v=4kJ9wp-mog8

Oh, yeah.

It's like 1999 all over again.

8. Is this still going? It's weird how something can be so huge one minute then just fading into the background the next.

9. I used to be obsessed with these games, and Gold and Silver were clearly the best of the series. I also thought that the Gold/Silver era had the best Pokémon designs out of any generation. The news of these remakes makes me all nostalgic.

Does anyone know the North American release date for the new games?

Oh, and I was always partial to the Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite family.

10. I loved that song, but to me "Double Trouble" (the Team Rocket theme song) remains the best Pokémon song there is.

There isn't a release date for North America yet. Early 2010, I'm guessing.

11. YOU'RE ALL WRONG IT'S THE POKERAP OR NOTHING

12. Yeah, just had a listen, ICS — God, that's good! Must've been about ten years since I Iast heard it.

Sharky & George-eqsue, I reckon. Top-notch.

13. kal

kal

Ooh I absolutely LOVE Pokemon, still!

Since I can't be bothered to buy a Nintendo DS especially for playing that I just play the games on an emulator on the PC.

And whoever said the Gold/Silver pokemon were the best - SPOT ON! With every new batch they become more uninspired. :(

14. MOP

MOP Guest

I got the fire dog and the ice dog and Lugia. Yellow was my favourite though. God, Pokémon was amazing.

15. When I get the new game it's going to take at least an hour to decide which starter I want, and then I have to spend ages coming up with perfect nicknames for them.

16. I always took ages to decide which Pokémon to start with!
    But I didn't do nicknames, and I hated it when you traded with some people in the game they had already named theres stupid names like Miles!

17. I always pick the grass type starter first.

I like grass Pokemon they are by far the prettiest, especially Bellossom. I remember I caught a shiny Gloom and evolved it into Bellossom it was the best day of my life... at the time.

18. kal

kal

I've caught a shiny Wingull TWICE (in 2 different games). The last one was in Diamond, which for some reason got corrupted and I couldn't get past one stage so I gave up on it.

This thread is making me want to start over though! OOH

19. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

I was into the original Red/Blue (and then Yellow) business and the cartoons. It's weird that now I can hardly remember anything about it. I must have been in some kind of trance.

I remember choosing Bulbasaur though because I felt sorry he didn't have his own cartridge like the other two.

20. I levelled up my Meganium to the maximum without any cheats (well, some occasional 'rare candies'). It was my biggest feat for a long time. Wait, I think it is still my biggest feat yet. How depressing…

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.