Pokémon | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Ah, the elusive rare candy. Sort of like steroids, weren't they?

I jacked up a Pidgey on a shit-load of them once. As I understand, a level 40 Pidgeot, off his tits on rare candy, isn't nearly as capable as, say, a rare candy-free Pidgeotto on level 25. A Pokémon take on 'The Drugs Don't Work,' possibly.

Actually, to a Pokémon layperson, that all probably sounds mental.

2. I've always try to compensate it buy giving them those extra supplies (calcium, etc.).

It is mental, if you think about it…

3. the fire starter pokemon is usually the best i've always found.

4. I always pick the grass starter. Well, since Crystal anyway. I think I chose a Squirtle for Blue.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

6. I was scarily obsessed with Pokemon. I remember my school had to ban the cards because people kept stealing them from eachother.

The best Pokemon song for me will always be the first theme tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbhbLrSQKyY

Brings back memories.

7. The word "epic" comes to mind.
    I prefer the longer version though.

I love this song.

8. Is anyone else excited for the Gold and Silver games remake?

9. Me, me!
    My friend and I are already planning how to get all 3 starters early in the game.

10. When do they come out? Will deffo be getting!

11. They were released 3 days ago in Japan. There's no specific release date for the rest of the world but 2010 seems most likely.

It's shaping up to be THE definitive Pokemon game, actually. YOU CAN FINALLY HAVE POKEMON FOLLOWING YOU.

12. So cute!

The definitive Pokémon game would include 4+ regions, though. Imagine that!

13. Ahh, still some time to wait then. Something to look forward to then!

14. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Fire starter Pokémon for me as well!

I think I might wait for the new one instead of being superlate to the last ones. The whole Pokémon following you thing doesn't appeal to me though. I found it pretty annoying in Yellow, to be honest.

Also, riding your bike for the win! Especially since you could connect it to one of the buttons (select?) so that you didn't have to go through the menus to get it.

15. /\

Yes! Once you could put the bike ride command to one of the buttons it was so much easier.

And yeah, i wasn't overly keen on Pikachu following you in Yellow either.

16. There is a Pokethlon which is new to the remakes... What is that you may ask? POKEMON OLIMPICS!!!!!!! Amazing!

Im excited about the Pokemon following you, in Yellow i used to jump over a ledge and leave Pikachu on the other side. He would then spazz out. Bizzare.

17. Will definitely be buying the new Silver/Gold remake. Never got the originals because I felt like I was betraying the original 150 (I was 9 at the time and a little mad).

I always went for the water Pokemon at the beginning because I thought they were the cutest and always thought of myself as a male Misty.

And the best Pokemon was obviously Psyduck.

18. kal

kal

Mewtwo will always be the best pokemon. He's just the definition of cool.

19. I didn't really get into Pokémon Gold and Silver (my Pokémon penchant peaked around 2000, I think), but I do recall my younger brother getting fleeced by a little fat fella in Kusadasi who was selling knock-off Gold and Silver trading cards behind a shoe shop. Textbook error!

'Gotta catch 'em all' obviously isn't a Turkish police motto.

20. Groudon and Lugia were always my fave out of the legendary pokemon. Ho-Oh was pretty cool too

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.