Pokémon | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Pokémon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Charley, Sep 14, 2009.

1. I adore the cute legendarys! All of them. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Shaymin. I like that they look harmless but kick ass!

[​IMG]

Shaymin is so cute. I have a level 100 on Platinum woo!

2. How many Pokemon are there at all? I stopped counting on 300.

3. kal

kal

4. I need this album!

God, I actually still really like Pokémon. The one justified craze in my eyes. All this talk of it has made me want to play again.

5. After a lengthy excavation, I found this:

[​IMG]

Underneath this:

[​IMG]

So, less a cupboard, more a portal to 1998, really.

6. And thats not even including different formes of Pokemon.

I have the 3rd movie soundtrack. The different seasons theme songs are quite amazing. This is my fav. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw6bDI_p0-M

Also i love this song sung by Brock about himself being a creep... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRn0c28uu2Q

7. MOP

MOP Guest

Does anyone remember playing Yellow and having Pikachu, and then never being able to get past the first rock gym for years (electric didn't hurt rock)? SO ANNOYING.

I wonder if there's anyone who has ALL THE POKEMON on the one game.

8. Pokémon?!
    Half of me says "what the funk are you doing here, man? Start a Simpsons thread!"
    The other half says "Pokemon yay!"
    Well for a start I've done Diamond twice, and I am...somewhere on Ruby (wah-a wah-a wah-a), my little brother is obsessed, he has Platinum, my old Mystery Dungeon and Link and is getting Ranger for his 8th next Saturday (and a DSi! Hrumph!). A couple of weeks back we went to a Village Fete in Derby. I have never felt so out of place in my life. I was about the only girl there!

One last thing: MISTY.
    She is amazing.

9. kal

kal

All the proper Pokemon geeks do. Some even go out of their way to buy all versions of a certain generation of the games because there are version exclusives etc.

10. Charley

Charley Staff Member

You got me digging as well, Brad!

[​IMG]

So, I put on 'Don't Say You Love Me' by M2M and started flicking through it...

It had a first look at the exotic new stuff in the yet to be released Gold/Silver games.

[​IMG]

It had maps!

[​IMG]

A complete Pokédex!

[​IMG]

And a lovely ad for Yellow...

[​IMG]

11. Don't say you love me! You don't even know me!

Fun fact:

'Lullaby' by someone called Mandah is actually sung by Willa Ford! They are one and the same!

12. You know, looking at those pictures Charley, and listening to Where is the Love I want to cry. I wish I was older in the late 90s so I could see how great it was.

13. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I know! Makes you wish you could go back and do it all over again...

Reading through that magazine brought back so many things from Red/Blue that I had completely forgotten! The SS Anne, the Safari Zone...

14. I hated that! There were only weak Pokémon available at the time too, so the first gym was a pain.

There are plenty of people who own all Pokémon. I'm not one of them. :(

15. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

The first album is incredible.

I also have a full set of Team Rocket cards in a Team Rocket binder.
    And I can laugh like James.

BOW DOWN.

16. I have all my Pokemon guides right next to me, I'm a complete nerd for them. I completed Pearl a few weeks ago. Obviously Sapphire is the best because of this woman with a fucking amazing name: yes everyone, it's Roxanne the Rustboro Gym Leader!

[​IMG]

And everyone knows who the best Pokemon is...

[​IMG]

17. I love Magikarp! And Gyarados. Honestly, has anyone ever successfully resisted to capture the red Gyarados on the Gold and Silver versions?

18. YES! MAGIKARPS!!1!
    I was going to make an animation of a Magikarp with a caption saying "Damn you's a sexy fish*", but I can't find a good animation.
    I wish those Staryu thingys evolved into Patrick Star.

*I thought it was "Sexy Fish" instead of Chick/Bitch or whatever. No joke.

19. I say this with love and respect to all of you in here, but literally the only thing I know about Pokémon is that (allegedly) you "gotta catch 'em all." Reading this discussion is so interesting to me, as it's like listening to people speak in a foreign language and trying to figure out what they're saying!
    Carry on.

20. ^ Aww, I think you forget how "secret" Pokemon is...I mean, if you like comedy TV shows, even if you don't watch it, you know about Simpsons and SpongeBob and Family Guy and South Park...I guess Pokey's a bit more complicated than that.

(Wow, actually looking at the replies now, it looks like everybody on here loves their Pokeys...)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.