Pokémon

syzygyz said:
dmc said:
Am I the only one who thought Gen III was amazing?

I had Sapphire and played the hell out of that. I played it for a year solid and then it died on me, completely wiping out my save every time it switched off. I can remember that I was trying to get in a Regi- cave, 'cos I never had a fucking Wailord.

I liked Gen 3, its far stronger than Gen 4. My favorite bit of it is Pacifidologo Town (or whatever it's called) and trying to figure out the mystery of the Regis.

My only gripe with it is that Feebas was fucking impossible to catch and that the story felt a bit boring compared to Gen 2. However, the lack of caves to traverse in comparison to the other generations is a definite plus!

Yeah, extremely rare appearance rates combined with extremely limited tile areas? Not funny Game Freak. Evolving to Milotic was a bastard too. Ended up sick of those bloody Pokéblocks*.

*Or Poffins. Whatever they were called in Gen III.

It only took me about 10 minutes to find a Feebas, but I remember being prepared to dedicate an hour to find one, ever since I've just bred my original Milotic for my other versions.

Oh, the time and effort I spent catching Feebas. Oh my goat, what was wrong with eleven year old me? The Milotic I use now though is a descendant of that original Feebas though, which is really neat when you think about it.

And Gen III was definitely one of my favorites. The more tropical setting was really enjoyable, enough so to off set the forgetable story. Gen IV was atrocious, though.

He / Him
Gen 3 is probably my least favorite. Having said that I do really like it but there were far too many new water Pokemon introduced. Also that huge expanse of sea was hell to explore, I never really appreciated repel until then. Damn Tentacool!

Gen III is my favourite, it really is. Everything about it was beautiful. Although it took me years to find Pacidifilog Town.

Generation 3 is where it all started going wrong IMO. There wasn't enough innovation game wise for it to hold my interest like 2 or 1. But, it's far and away better than generation 4 which was just a sham of a game.

Oh, I also did this a while ago and have yet to post it.

pkmnfvs.jpg

You like Zangoose! I only found out about him last night, he looks so awesome! Went and caught him just now in the Safari Zone.

I remember spending over an hour finding a Relicanth to complete one of the Regi quests.. I recently restarted my Emerald and found a Relicanth the first time I used dive.

So they've released a ton of new information, including confirmation of the "Dream World". Looks like the game is going to be huge. What I want to know is though, will Eevee gain more evolutions?? I honestly want them to cover all the types.

citoig said:
So they've released a ton of new information, including confirmation of the "Dream World". Looks like the game is going to be huge. What I want to know is though, will Eevee gain more evolutions?? I honestly want them to cover all the types.

I'd prefer them building evolutions upon some previous Pokemon than trying, and failing, at successful new designs. They should evolve absol, he looked so awesome yet was so mah stats and move wise.

AceReject said:
You like Zangoose! I only found out about him last night, he looks so awesome! Went and caught him just now in the Safari Zone.

Yeah Zangoose is the only normal Pokemon I find useful plus his design is awesome

Oh as if theres 62 pages of Pokemon! I love Pokemon! Can't wait for the new one.

I haven't got the DS version of Gold/Silver yet, is it worth a buy?

adz said:
Oh as if theres 62 pages of Pokemon! I love Pokemon! Can't wait for the new one.

I haven't got the DS version of Gold/Silver yet, is it worth a buy?

Apprently it is, it incorporates R, S & P pokemon in it. I need to buy a DSi.

HeartGold/SoulSilver is the perfect Pokemon game. Generation II was the best by a country mile, the remake just polishes off the old games and adds a bunch of cool new features. I'd highly recommend it.

They've changed so much! Like, there seems to be a lot of thought put into the game, even the evolution scene has changed. It looks really good. I'm pretty sure I saw Jasmine.

Also, I think that fish thingy isn't Luvdisc's evolution, you can catch him in the wild like, which they don't usually do with "new" evolutions.