Pop fonts.

Dear God, that Gatwick Airport logo is HORRENDOUS now. Looks like something for a baker's! The BAA logo was much, much nicer.

Interesting article. I do think they're important, as I good graphic design is important when it comes CD/DVD covers and booklets. I know certain members seem to almost 'take offence' to discussions revolving around fonts, calling it pointless and such like, but I disagree with that mentality. I hate cheap looking, badly designed album covers and it baffles me how fanmade ones are generally much better.

Thats because fan-made artwork isn't bound by internal restrictions.

When the label hires a design company and says this is the budget, they'll allocate time and if its a small budget, the time spent designing will be small.

Also, to get something approved you have to go through about a million people at a record label (Something which I'm currently doing right now), and everyone wants this moving, that changing.

Thats how major label artists artwork ends up crap.

One of my favorite artists decided to do a digital self-release of a couple of her singles - she had finally received the license to re-record them (the copyright ran out or whatever). She runs her whole scheme, so understandably things are not as high budget as they could be.

Not only did it hurt my heart to see that she had clearly just taken pictures of herself and pasted them into Paint as the "single covers" for these tracks, but on one of them, the font she used was.....pause for shudder.... Comic Sans.

I almost threw away everything of hers I owned.

WowWowWowWow said:
One of my favorite artists decided to do a digital self-release of a couple of her singles - she had finally received the license to re-record them (the copyright ran out or whatever). She runs her whole scheme, so understandably things are not as high budget as they could be.

Not only did it hurt my heart to see that she had clearly just taken pictures of herself and pasted them into Paint as the "single covers" for these tracks, but on one of them, the font she used was.....pause for shudder.... Comic Sans.

I almost threw away everything of hers I owned.

Oh dear who was it? Were they famous?

Can't be any worse than this, surely?
Marina_Mermaidvssailor.jpg