Popjustice 104 Singles of 2008 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice 104 Singles of 2008

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ADolla, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Why the fuck is Madonna at 56?

Agreed with everything else though. I laugh out loud at this because it is so goddamn diddly scrumptious. Especially Can't Speak French, glad to see it was the highest charting GA song.

2. I know 4 Minutes wasn't Hung Up 2 (even though it IS bloody brilliant) but that did strike me as a bit unfair, especially considering the abomination that is the Iglu & Hartly song got way higher.

Shame.

3. Ray

Ray

Yeah! I am shocked too! With so many good songs released 4 Midgets occupying space at #56 is a true abomination!

4. What I'm more annoyed about is why "Wow" by Kylie is only at 61!!!!!!! It deserves to be Top 20! Bah!

5. I was quite disturbed to see Take A Bow in the top 50...and why is P!nk so low? You called that song a '10/10'.

6. Wow got old very quickly!

7. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

For some reason I remembered 'Single Ladies' being A LOT higher than #95.

'Black And Gold' should have been way higher. As in, number one.

8. Ray

Ray

Where's Feedback?

9. I think Mr. PJ doesn't like Jan too much. Besides that, I think the list is very good. I have almost 3 quarters of the songs in that list. I even made a playlist (how sad!).

10. Miley breaking the Top 20 is the oddest aspect of the list to me, but perhaps I'm just too old 'to understand'.

11. Yeah, true... I don't understand how people older than 15 can listen to Miley and take her seriously. I don't care if Little Boots says is ok to like Miley, she's just...

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You don't have to take a popstar serious to enjoy one of their songs though.

13. Don't you wish that you could be a FLY ON THE WALL?!?!

...is all that really needs saying on the subject of Miley.

14. I know, i don't take Britney seriously, but I enjoy her music. But when I hear Miley I hear stuff for kids.

15. Yes, but it wasn't Fly on the Wall that made the list, and even that wouldn't qualify for the Top 20, even though it's a fun song.

16. I know, but I was trying to make the point that even the most "Disney" of popstars have moments of brilliance. Sadly for Popjustice this moment was not See You Again.

17. i was shocked at how highly disturbia ended up placing. that being said, was shocked it was released as a single to begin with....sell me candy, rehab, good girl gone bad all terrific - i seem to be well out of the loop.

18. I actually find 4 Minutes to be pretty terrible.

The beat is a overbearing, loud mess and totally drowns out both Madonna and Timberlake who, by the way, are nearly impossible to tell apart in that song.

Hard Candy was largely throw-away, but the other songs on it didn't hurt my ears as much.

Yes.

19. I can't believe Jordin Sparks being in the top ten! That song is a complete crock of shit.

And yeah Madonna "4 Minutes" shoulda been way higher, it was def one of my Top 10 last year!

20. Where is this list posted?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.