Popjustice: 12 Points 2010 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice: 12 Points 2010

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Charley, May 16, 2010.

1. Damn, I missed all this...

I will be severely annoyed and surprised if Denmark actually win...

2. For once in the history of the universe, I think Popjustice might have something that correlates with the Average Joe's opinion! I can't see our vote being too far away from what everyone else thinks.

3. popknark

popknark Moderator

Oh no!! I've completed missed this thread. How sad. A week ago I was thinking about whether Charley! was going to have a vote this year or not, but then it just sort of slipped my mind.

Anyway - I'm glad for how you voted, although Iceland would've ended second place for me. And as a Swede I'm happy to see three Swede-penned songs in the top 5!

4. The most obvious thing here is the death of national language at Eurovision. The only non-english entry to gain substantial support this year is Slovakia, which is melodic enough to survive.

Despite not understanding a word I still love Israel and Portugal.

I would be happy with this result as I do not dislike any of the top 25, at most I am indifferent to Spain and Armenia.

5. duckface

duckface Guest

Cyprus will definitely be giving major points to Armenia. It's the only one apart from our own I've heard at all on the radio. I was downtown on Saturday and I heard it like 5 times.

I personally think it's quite bad, but to be honest most of the entries this year are horrific.

6. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Qualified on Popjustice and at Eurovision
    Iceland, Albania, Belgium, Moldova, Greece, Portugal, Denmark, Azerbaijan, Ireland, Romania, Armenia, Turkey, Cyprus and Israel. 14/20

Qualified at Eurovision, but not on Popjustice
    Russia (PJ #14), Serbia (PJ #11), Bosnia and Herzegovina (PJ #13), Belarus (PJ #15), Ukraine (PJ #16) and Georgia (PJ #14).

Qualified on Popjustice, but not at Eurovision
    Slovakia, Estonia, Malta, Poland, Sweden and Switzerland.

7. duckface

duckface Guest

We voted Estonia and Sweden.
    They voted Serbia, Ukraine and Belarus.

I think it's safe to say our taste is slightly above the European average.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.