Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014 (WINNER REVEALED!) | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014 (WINNER REVEALED!)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by WowWowWowWow, Apr 28, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

Eurovision kicks off next week, so it's time for the Eurovision fans on Popjustice to have their say!

Votes for the Popjustice 12 Points Semi-Finals will be accepted until Sunday, May 4th at 11:59pm UK time. I will present our choices for the final on Monday, and voting for the Popjustice 12 Points Final will close Saturday, May 10th at 12:00 noon UK time.

The final results will be presented on Saturday, May 10th, as an appetizer for the real final!

Note: Remember to PM me your 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points twice – one set for each semi-final.

Semi-Final 1

Eligible: Albania, Armenia. Azerbaijan, Belgium, Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, and Ukraine

Watch the video clips here.

Semi-Final 2

Eligible: Austria, Belarus, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, and Switzerland

Watch the video clips here.

Happy listening!

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. duckface

duckface Guest

Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

So in two separate PMs?

I love Eurovision. Although I probably won't be able to watch this year as I think it coincides with some other stuff. Urgh. Oh well, without Cyprus in it I suppose I have the right to play catch up this year.

3. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Oops, I didn't mean to confuse.
    I just meant it like, in case there was someone who didn't know how this works, each person votes twice -- a top 10 for each semifinal -- instead of picking one top 10 from amongst all the entries.
    Both in one PM is fine.

4. duckface

duckface Guest

In the words of Nicola Roberts on Popstars: The Rivals highlights reels, I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, no no NO no no.

5. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

This is my first time hearing some of these entries. Good GOD. I'm so glad I went to Eurovision last year instead of this year.

I mean... definitely keep listening and voting! #JoinUs

6. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Azerbaijan is a stunning song... shame she seems unable to sing it live :/

7. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Two sets of votes in so far, hopefully we will see some more folks turn in their points at the weekend... *hopefully*

8. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

It feels like I have four or five rates to get done over the weekend, but this will most definitely be one of them.

9. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

I found it a real struggle to even get 10 songs I liked in either semi :\ doesn't help that quite a few of my favourites are already pre-qualified...

10. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Thanks to our newest voters.
    Does anyone know of a website that I could do a presentation for the random reveal of the 10 entries from each semi-final advancing? I know we have the Scorewiz site, but that's more for a points breakdown as opposed to just announcing names, and I've seen some simulators online (such as here), but I can never see how to customize them.
    I just thought it might be fun, I know this isn't actual Eurovision or anything.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  11. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

I'm almost done with both semi finals. The first semi final is pretty weak in my opinion. Hmmmm

12. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

I hope I'll have time for this; I've listened to each song at least once, but I'll have to go through them again to remember some that I've forgotten and figure out ordering.

13. A&E

A&E

I found the selection of songs rather disappointing compared to last year's contest. There are more highlights in the first Semi for me.

14. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Great idea! I have sent my votes.

15. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Last day to vote! I have no shame in constantly posting updates!!

16. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Voted!

17. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Voted!!

18. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

I will vote in a minute!

19. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

Voting for the semi-finals has closed. Thanks again to everyone who participated!

While I put the finishing touches on the spreadsheets and do my final checks, if you have not already done so, you might be interested in watching the clips for Denmark and "The Big 5," who automatically qualified to the final in true Eurovision fashion. Here's the link for that.

More later today!

20. Re: Popjustice 12 Points: Eurovision 2014

(Feel free to click play as you scroll through the next few posts)

[video=youtube;NSIolFvLwXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSIolFvLwXQ[/video]

It's time...

[​IMG]

(Dodgily thrown together graphics ahoy!)

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.