Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2018 (WINNER REVEALED!) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2018 (WINNER REVEALED!)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by stevo_1988, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Yeah but the Romanian song is the only one where they lyrics are basically 'have you tried not being depressed?'.

londonrain and WowWowWowWow like this.
  2. The irony of putting them after Rykbak in the running order with that message - ESC producers attempting an en mass viewer counselling session I see...

WowWowWowWow and Sugaboy like this.
  3. Christer has so much to answer for this year.

WowWowWowWow, popknark2 and Squashua like this.
  4. Right done! After listening in the running order, Finland, Austria and Lithuania definitely come out in a better place in SF1 than I had them pegged originally. SF2 threw up some surprises too but probably because my expectations were so abysmally low and my taste is just as questionable.

WowWowWowWow and Empty Shoebox like this.
  5. Final call for any last minute votes you have just under 16 hours left to vote for the semis

6. Wait, how did I only just learn that this is being done this year?!

Looks like I’ll have to save my votes for the final again...

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  7. Might be worth trying to send to @stevo_1988 anyway as the voting window hasn’t officially been closed by him just yet?

8. I haven't even started yet, though, and I haven't heard most of the songs in the semifinals. Eek.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  9. That was close. Next time @ me biches!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. Who doesn't love some shoddily thrown together graphics?

It's reveal time! Here are your Popjustice 12 Points Semi Final Qualifiers

[​IMG]

Voting is now open for the final and PMs are due to me 12:00 UK Time (this is 12 in the afternoon) on Saturday 12th May

Eligible to vote for: Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYR Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, and United Kingdom

PLEASE REMEMBER - only vote for songs that made it into our final, and not the real one on TV, as I dare say there'll be a few differences...

Happy voting!

11. HOW DID WE ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN

12. If Waylon had to live so that Rybak would die, I’m terribly ok with that.

phily693 and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  13. We could have picked something less problematic.

dynamite_state and WowWowWowWow like this.
  14. I only lost about 4 countries and they were all my 3, 2 or 1 pointers so I am happy with this. Well done everyone.

15. All 14 entries I like off this year made the PJ final, a victory for taste.

I'll probably submit my definitive ranking after the semis.

16. Forgot to say - even if you didn't vote for the Semi Finals you can still vote in the Final.

@londonrain
    @Sprockrooster

x

17. I will after the two live semi-finals on tv. Thanks!

Empty Shoebox and londonrain like this.
  18. Since I haven't actually heard this song yet... why is it problematic?

19. Word from the pressroom at first rehearsal is that it's more than a bit racist, with one commentator describing it as 'worse than if he were waving a confederate flag around'. Something to do with the backing dancers.

His response to this? 'some of my friends are black', and refused to acknowledge that anyone may possibly have a problem with it.

Of course, there's the possibility that someone will batter sense into him and agree to change it for the semi final, but it doesn't seem likely.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.