Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2020 (Winner Revealed! Results on Page #4) | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice 12 Points Eurovision 2020 (Winner Revealed! Results on Page #4)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by stevo_1988, Apr 20, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hello you lovely people,

As we contemplate going into Eurovision month soon, without an actual Eurovision to look forward to, I thought it would be a nice distraction to get our annual rate up and running.

In an attempt to switch up the formula again this year, here's how I want you to submit your votes:

Semi Finals - Please PM me with a ranking of every eligible entry, from Best to Worst. I will attribute points based on your ranking positions and use that to determine who makes it to our final. As with last year, the automatic qualifiers will have to earn their place in our final, and 3 have been assigned to each semi for you to vote on (the ones they were vote on to make it easier). 13 songs from each semi will make it through to the final.

Grand Final - Please PM me in the usual manner giving me your top 10 out of the 26 finalists in Eurovision style: 12, 10, 8 etc.

Deadline for Semi Final 1 submission: Sunday 17th May 2020 23:59 UK Time

Eligible to vote on: Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Sweden and Ukraine

Deadline for Semi Final 2 submission: Sunday 17th May 2020 23:59 UK Time

Eligible to vote on: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Moldova, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom

REMEMBER: Send me a ballot that ranks all eligible entries for each semi, from best to worst, putting your favourite entry at the top (none of that Eurovision Juries mess please thank you)

I will then aim to have the reveals ready, and voting open for the final from 18th May 2020, for me then to do the grand final reveals sometime after (TBC at current time)

I have some plans on how to spice up the voting Eurovision style to make it a bit exciting, but more on that later (when I've thought it through properly)

Some had suggested on the Main Contest thread about doing a listening party or something similar for our vote this year. As I'm not up to speed on anything like that and someone would like to organise in tandem to this, then please do go ahead :)

I hope you're all keeping safe and well

Much love x

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Does this playlist have everything?

3. Malta and Slovenia are missing:

And Ukraine seems to be geoblocked.

4. Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. Is it a case like Siren Song

6. Not that kinda song, but still good!

7. I’m working on this today so will hopefully have it in soon.

I haven’t listened to many (or really any) of the songs since well before they announced the cancellation so it’ll be interesting to see what I gravitate towards again.

Usually my final vote changes due to seeing the live performances, and without that this year I think I’m going to favour the bops a lot more especially without thinking “Fuck, they’re murdering these vocals” or “what is this staging?”

stevo_1988 likes this.
  8. It will be interesting this year because we don't have those live versions that usually change up the votes from Semi to Final. Eleni's landslide victory in 2018 was due to her live performance of it...

9. Also some will perform much better when it is good there is no performance...

londonrain likes this.
  10. Voting close this Sunday evening folks! Make sure your voice is heard and get your fav to our final :)

Both semis are pretty hotly contested right now, so your vote can make all the difference!

11. [​IMG]
    Hello Lithuania and Czech Republic

londonrain likes this.
  12. As has happened a lot in recent years, one semi-final was fucking awful and a total slog to get through and pick any favourites, while the other was packed to the brim making it hard to choose.

I have no idea what I’m going to give my 12 to in the final. One song’s last 30 seconds completely scalps me every single time, but then there’s at least 2 that have come out of nowhere and grown on me and I can’t stop singing their choruses.

13. Is it perhaps an idea to extend the deadline until after 12 and 14 May because there is a spotlight via youtube those days on every song. I will be doing the songs much more justice that way.

WoW73 likes this.
  14. Just sent my votes and wig France didn't come last after all.

phily693 likes this.
  15. I'm done with my votes, but I'll wait until tomorrow to send them in. The bottom 5 are hard to put in order...

16. Only a couple of days left to vote everyone! Things are still close at the top and the qualification line in each semi so you really can make all the difference.

Going to tag a few people who have played along in the past, but might have missed this:

@Million_Lights
    @WowWowWowWow
    @roborovsky
    @Gasur
    @Rhombus

17. Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.