Popjustice Advent Calendar 2020 - Dec 26th | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Advent Calendar 2020 - Dec 26th

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Oct 28, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, it's that time of year again! After a year off hosting duties and due to demand [citation needed], @2014 and myself are back at the wheel of the forrem's first, second, third, fourth, maybe fifth? most popular annual tradition.

So what is this and how does it work?
    During the month of December the aim is to celebrate the year in music by posting a review written by a PJ-er every day in the run up to Christmas and hopefully turn people on to artists and albums they may have missed or reaffirm exactly why Jessie Ware's What's Your Pleasure [NO citation needed] is indeed the best album of 2020.

A couple of changes to the format this year:
    - We're not putting a limit on the number of participants because there are usually people who have to bow out. If we end up with more than 25 reviews, then great! That's more music to talk about!
    - If you don't think you can commit to writing about a whole album or EP, there's also the option to choose a single song. Don't feel pressured into choosing an album if there's a particular track you'd rather write about instead.​

How do I take part?
    Send a list of at least three releases you'd be happy to write about in a PM to myself AND @2014 by Sunday 8th November. These can be albums, EPs, songs, or a mixture of all three. The only restriction is they have to have been released in 2020 (or late 2019 and missed the cutoff for last year's version of the advent calendar).

We'll then let you know which of your choices we'd like you to write about. We can't guarantee everyone will get their #1 as some albums/songs are always more popular than others but we always do our best to be fair.

You'll then have at least the remainder of November (and for some of you... like, half of December mentioning no names) to write your review and send it to us.
    If you've read that wall of text and still want to take part, we eagerly await your PMs xoxo
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

Dec 1st: Ong Seong Wu - Layers reviewed by @RUNAWAY
    Dec 2nd: Laura Marling - Song for Our Daughter reviewed by @constantino
    Dec 3rd: Grimes - Miss Anthropocene reviewed by @sfmartin
    Dec 4th: Yukika - pit-a-pet reviewed by @thommyh
    Dec 5th: Mandy Moore - Silver Landings reviewed by @pop3blow2
    Dec 6th: Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour reviewed by @R92
    Dec 7th: Katy Perry - Smile reviewed by @Lost Boy
    Dec 8th: The Chicks - Gaslighter reviewed by @Lila
    Dec 9th: LOONA - [12:00] reviewed by @aux
    Dec 10th: Victoria Monét - Jaguar reviewed by @Sail On
    Dec 11th: Yaeji - WAKING UP DOWN reviewed by @ohnostalgia
    Dec 12th: Rina Sawayama - SAWAYAMA reviewed by @Stradiwhovius
    Dec 13th: Alicia Keys - ALICIA reviewed by @Sprockrooster
    Dec 14th: Run The Jewels - RTJ4 reviewed by @Ironheade

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Sail On, Diet Pop!, R92 and 16 others like this.
  3. RJF

RJF

Hmm do I properly sign up this year or do my usual and sign up to save the day when one of these girls bails.

thommyh, Island, evilsin and 3 others like this.
  4. Am I correct in assuming that we can't choose any albums released after November 8th?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Enter away!!! xx

6. I don't think there should be an issue in picking albums released throughout November as long as you can finish the write-up by the end of the month. There are some big releases in November and it would be a shame for them to be omitted.

7. This is a great change. Both because more people can participate and also because if someone ends up not being able to do their write-up, it's not as big a deal as if there was a limited number of participants.

8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

R92, constantino, Island and 9 others like this.
  9. [​IMG]

aux, Jonathan27, R92 and 17 others like this.
  10. Okay I hope so cause there's a certain album coming out at the end of this month that I just might wanna write about.

11. What big gay album will I choose?!

Sail On, stuaw, ohnostalgia and 3 others like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

13. I'll have to think about my options, since I'm not sure I'll be able to do any album justice with my write-up.

Music Is Death and 2014 like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

15. Tempted to do Smile

Island, Lila, Music Is Death and 5 others like this.
  16. Some of you girls better do Punisher justice xx

Jonathan27, tea, constantino and 6 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

WHEW we've replied to everyone who's PM'd us (thank you!!!) We're onto double figures now so don't hesitate or you could miss out on your top picks xxx

Music Is Death and Kuhleezi like this.
  18. I did not receive a reply?

Music Is Death likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Should be sorted now!!

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The forum when they realise I swooped in super fast to pick an album that literally nobody else here cares about:

[​IMG]

tea, constantino, thommyh and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.