Popjustice Again 2021 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Again 2021

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by WowWowWowWow, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Hello! I am tagging people who have participated in previous Eurovision-related rates to see if you would like to partake in this one. You are welcome to participate in this pre-voting and/or come by again on January 10th when the semi-final voting begins.
    @popknark2
    @roborovsky
    @Robsolete
    @saviodxl
    @SecretsOfFatima

roborovsky and saviodxl like this.
  2. Hello! I am tagging people who have participated in previous Eurovision-related rates to see if you would like to partake in this one. You are welcome to participate in this pre-voting and/or come by again on January 10th when the semi-final voting begins.
    @Serg.
    @sfmartin
    @Sprockrooster
    @stevo_1988
    @TéléDex

3. Hello! I am tagging people who have participated in previous Eurovision-related rates to see if you would like to partake in this one. You are welcome to participate in this pre-voting and/or come by again on January 10th when the semi-final voting begins.
    @Txetxu
    @ufint
    @Untouchable Ace
    @Up N Down
    @Wild Man.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  4. Down for it, how does it work?
    EDIT: I was being a lazy bitch, just read the rules on page 1.
    Is there a Spotify playlist? I don't remember many of these songs tbh.

5. I love this.

6. I honestly didn’t make one for this part since I assumed people would only vote if they had a burning desire to see songs go through to the next round. Hopefully many of the songs are available on this playlist:

I will post Spotify lists and YouTube links for the next 2 rounds though.

7. I don't think I understand this very well (sorry I am very bad with Eurovision) but does this mean we nominate songs that did not compete at Eurovision but that were at festivals and in contention at one point like Ciao Amore Ciao?

Untouchable Ace and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. These are all the songs that won their national selection and competed at Eurovision but did not make the finals there. (And it’s from 2006 onward so unfortunately it’s a no Dalida zone, sorry!)
    Users are voting for their favorite of those entries from each country, such that we will have another two semifinals with 17 songs and then a final out of the top 20.

Untouchable Ace, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  9. Okay - that makes sense! Sadly this also means I cannot think of any tracks off the top of my head. If I have time to research some stuff - I'll be here!

Maki and WowWowWowWow like this.
  10. Totally understandable — it’s a lot to go through if you’re not familiar from the jump. Maybe the later parts will be more your speed.
    Also way to send me down a Tenco wiki-spiral!!

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  11. He certainly was an intense looking babe! Stanning Dalida's taste in men too apparently! Dddd

[​IMG]

12. Also @Maki please do join us! My apologies, I only copied names of people from the other rate threads — but all are welcome!

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  13. This is a cool idea and seems fun - I may likely take part here. I've probably heard 90% of these (i.e. everything excluding the almost entire 2006), but have to remind myself of quite an amount of songs before voting.

Some FYCs (personal faves, more precisely):

There are a lot more I want to spotlight. Also backing up @soratami's excellent pick of "DJ, Take Me Away".

Edit: Haha, don't worry, @WowWowWowWow - I saw this thread days ago and was intrigued.

14. Submitted to appreciate the BEST Swedish language entry ever.

15. Justice for This Is My Life, Haba Haba and Feel The Passion!!!!!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  16. What are the odds that my mom dug out the Eurovision 2008 CDs yesterday and played them without any initiation? Amazing.

And, whew, what a year. Perfect balance between diversity and quality and definitely among my all-time favourite Eurovision contests.

Some of my favourites which are included in this rate:

I know these live performances aren't doing the songs much justice, but still.

With additional mentions to Andorra, Switzerland and Czech Republic.
    Again, I'm not including the already spotlighted "DJ, Take Me Away".

17. Sadly my guilty-pleasure 2004 and 2005 Belarus songs are not elegible

18. First round votes are due by week’s end! Some songs cannot be caught but others could turn on one set of scores, so save your faves!

19. Call me filth. Call me disgusting. Call me trash.

But I just made sure Axel Hirsoux got a vote. Mother is amazing.

londonrain and WowWowWowWow like this.
  20. Ruslana agrees

[​IMG]

WowWowWowWow and Sprockrooster like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.