Popjustice Album Shuffle - Round 3: Review 7/47 | Page 151 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Album Shuffle - Round 3: Review 7/47

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Mvnl, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I album I received is mentally draining me I can't connect to this album at all, it's got some pleasant moments but they don't last for long.

The outcome of this is that I'm learning more about myself than I am about the album.

2. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I'm so in love with the album I got. The first song on the tracklist is on heavy repeat.

I'm describing my artist and his album as ambiental alternative pop r&b (it's my theory which can be incorrect hahaha)

3. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

My album is wonderful.

I love listening to it late at night and early in the morning. It really works within that half-awake-half-asleep limbo.

I think it's going to be difficult to review, for various reasons, though.

4. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I actually haven't had chance to listen to mine, aside from the iTunes snippets.

From the clips alone, I can tell it's an incredibly subtle and slow sort of affair, which I'm going to have to listen to in the dark.

5. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I love the album I received more and more every time I listen to it, in fact I found a new song to obsess over.

Someone will be getting quality *ethnic* pop music for next round (sorry I couldn't resist!).

6. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I can't wait to see who sent the album that I got because I need more stuff like this in my library.

I'm obsessing with one song on this album. It's AMAZING and it became my all time favorite song.

7. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I hope the person who has my album likes ballads and sad songs that aren't in English.

8. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I really hope mine isn't getting slaughtered... It means so much to me! There's even a song that reminds me of my grandparents which holds close to me since my grandfather died last May.

I'm having a hard time finding mine online so I just ordered a copy, earliest to arrive on April 10th!

9. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

OH GOD I think I got yours. Apols in advance.

10. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I've just gotten to the point where I assume everyone has my album.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh, you should have let me know if the links didn't work for you, I would have worked something out. This is not supposed to cost you!

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Haha! Wow, that's quick! I'm sure whoever picked it won't mind hearing that though.

13. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I love when a song just click with me on the first listen. The atmosphere of the song, the artist voice and the music itself is truly something special.

So hoping whoever send this can recommend more stuff like this to me.

Just listening to the album for 6th time I think.

14. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

Oh I know, I previewed it on iTunes and enjoyed it so I was like, "Why not?"

Haha, I'm not being completely serious! I wouldn't be surprised if the person doesn't like the album I sent in, not because it isn't good, but because it's rather different and abstract. I think I've given enough away. *RUNS*

15. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

I'm definitely at the stage now where many of these comments scream "My album alert!" which is always fun. With the album I've recieved, I feel I should be engaging in very slow and drawn out sex as I listen to it (stopping every four minutes or so to write down my thoughts of course) in order to fully appreciate it.

I'm guessing a few people have even sent their reviews in already?

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

'A few' indeed.

17. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

Does that mean " a lot" or "fuck all"?

I'm so bad with ambiguity!

18. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I have such a bad feeling that my album won't be getting a positive review... It's one of my very favourite pop albums and I hadn't really prepared myself for a negative or "meh" review.

I guess I hope that simply by its inclusion in this thread at least a couple more people will be taking the time to check it out.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh sorry.. only two thusfar. But a lot of people on just got their album!

20. Re: Popjustice Album Shuffle: Round 3 Submission Closed

Oh right! I've listened to my album innumerable times so far, but I think I'll take more time with my review this time around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.