PopJustice Book Club | Page 102 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice Book Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amstell_s Bitch, Sep 10, 2006.

1. LTG

LTG

I read Ishiguro's When We Were Orphans over the last couple of days. I'm sad I don't have any of his novels left to read, only Nocturnes, his short stories.

Orphans was good, but not quite up there with his absolute best (The Remains of the Day, The Unconsoled, Never Let Me Go). It uses the conceit of a detective story to focus on how too much nostalgia can be damaging.

beyoncésweave and bakerboy92 like this.
  2. Speaking of Marlon James, this profile on him is beyond amazing and has done nothing but enlarge my crush on him.

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  3. I finished reading Jake Shears' Boys Keep Swinging...and I liked it but I was also vaguely dissatisfied with it in places? The lack of anything between 2006 - 2016, as well as the impression that he and his partner are still together when...they're not.

4. I don't know if you've read The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton...
    SPOILER
    but the big reveal at the end (gay master and interracial couple in the household!!!) is too awful for words.

This is why I don't read fiction.

5. [​IMG]

Bought this nearly five years ago, just started reading it last week. It's really intriguing! The Sedgwick's are such sad, privileged people. With a disturbingly evil father.

Terminus likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.