PopJustice Book Club | Page 125 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice Book Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amstell_s Bitch, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Anyone read much Graham Swift? I’m intrigued but don’t know where to start.

2. I just finished The Subtle Knife and phew, the cliffhanger! I'll probably read something unrelated to it this weekend as a palate cleanser and dive into The Amber Spyglass next week.

BUT, I've been looking for the short stories (Once Upon a Time in the North / Lyra's Oxford) and they have no ebook edition? Like, I know a physical will always be best when it comes to books, but it's not like Waterstones is gonna open anytime soon ññ

3. Places are still delivering though, right? I’ve never read the short stories so will be keen to hear what you think!

4. Yeah, but I don't want to imagine how long it'd take for it to reach the Canary Islands when we have just one daily flight to Madrid. I'll read them once this is all over. That way I can stretch the story even longer or something.

-

Down the Rabbit Hole is one of the novella's Anagrama is giving for free so people can stay indoors, so I might give it a go today.

-

EDIT: Hilary Mantel was incredibly lucky with her book being released before all this...

They Were Meant to Be the Season’s Big Books. Then the Virus Struck.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 2:55 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.