PopJustice Book Club | Page 165 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice Book Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amstell_s Bitch, Sep 10, 2006.

1. I'm done.

[​IMG]

2. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

When someone gives you a book and you feel obligated to move it to the top of The List...
    upload_2021-4-1_13-30-22.gif

Andrew.L and RUNAWAY like this.
  3. [​IMG]

RUNAWAY, ALEX and Beautiful Child 2 like this.
  4. Reading Doireann Ní Ghríofa’s A Ghost in the Throat and would just like to say it once again, nobody does it like the Irish girls.

ItBeats, Andrew.L and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  5. I've seen a lot about it but it hadn't caught my attention until I just googled and...

I'm hollering at the promo in the car (which makes sense once she explains it ññ).

Andrew.L and Beautiful Child 2 like this.
  6. The stunts! The way the car promo becomes perfectly natural almost at once, she really is a strange but down to earth queen. That gentle Cork accent!

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  7. Okay I’m finally reading Klara, and I just love Ishiguro’s style. I’m so calm but so unsettled.

8. Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  9. Also read my first comic, and it was SO good:

[​IMG]

adayasatiger and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  10. Oooh, I have Fun Home saved on Scribd. I should get to it before they take it off.

I'm planning on finishing Faithful and Virtuous Night this weekend to continue with the Nobel Prize theme I (accidentally) have going on. I think next week I'll go for a couple (1) (2) of the Booker International that I've had in my TBR since last year before they're cut from the shortlist and I lose my interest dd

Dennis likes this.
  11. Has anyone read The Committed by Viet Thanh Nguyen? I'm wondering if I can read it as a standalone, without having read The Sympathizer.

12. I’m sure I’ve heard it’s a direct sequel.

bakerboy92, Trinu 3.0 and Someboy like this.
  13. I began El Pantano de la Mariposas and it's.....not engaging me, I'm not even halfway and I'm so bored oop! I also bought The Long and Faraway Gone and The Summer That Melted Everything. Hopefully they're as good as others made them out to be.

14. Not yet, but you'd be doing a disservice to yourself for not reading The Sympathizer cause it's one hell of a novel.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  15. Noted. I do know it's a direct sequel, but a review I read suggested it serves as both a sequel and a standalone. And I was iffy about diving into The Sympathizer after reading some mixed user reviews, but I'll trust the BookJustice recommendation and start with that one. Thanks!

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  16. Just finished The Cipher by Isabella Maldonado. Wow. It kept you on your toes from the first page and never let up. Seeing a serial killer using modern tech like social media really made it feel more intense and scary.

Next up, Me by Ricky Martin

[​IMG]

17. The way I woke up and for god knows what reason I remembered the last chapter and almost died in bed.

[​IMG]

18. Oh, this sounds right up my alley! Going to add it to the list!

I’m currently reading The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin, has anyone else read it? I feel like the first hundred or so pages are a bit of a slog (the chapters are too long lol) and kind of all over the place but once you get through that it really starts to focus in and become quite enjoyable.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  19. @Trinu 3.0 I, too, just finished Klara and the Sun...

[​IMG]

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  20. Just finished Part 3 of Klara... bring on the creepy and intense next section bishes.

constantino and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.