PopJustice Book Club | Page 177 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice Book Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amstell_s Bitch, Sep 10, 2006.

1. I am. I love the insight into the lives of these women, but somehow the whole baby thing is a bit… ridiculous? I’m just like a third into it, so maybe it’ll make sense by the end ññ

constantino, backstreetjoe and relby like this.
  2. I had so many plans to read this summer but things have been getting in the way a lot. However, I managed to finish De-transition Baby this evening. It was a good read!

3. So I've recently decided to read four different books/series/wider universes because I want to and I have the time ddd.
    One of them is the Riordan-verse series', going in chronological order, starting with Percy Jackson. I already know I love these books, but it's been a long time since I read them, so I wanted to re-read them and then read everything I haven't yet.
    Doing the same thing with The Shadowhunter Chronicles, starting with The Infernal Devices. Again, already know I love these and have been wanting to return to them.
    But I am reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King for the first time, and I'm about half-way through The Gunslinger, and already love it.
    Lastly, I've started The Wheel Of Time series as well, because my dad, mom, aunt and cousin all love the series and it does seem like I will too. My sister and I are reading it together.
    Overall I'm just in a big fantasy mood lately.

Remorque, Andrew, ALEX and 2 others like this.
  4. I'm reading The Heart's Invisible Furies, I'm ready to open the floodgates!

Previous to that I read Walkaway which I enjoyed but didn't completely connect with. It was a huge concept to try and convey in one novel. I felt it tried to cover too much but overall it was well told and a good addition to my dystopian collection.

Sam and Snatched like this.
  5. Yes! I finished a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. It's written really well and I found it quite an education.

backstreetjoe and relby like this.
  6. Sam

Sam

I read this earlier in the year and it was the first time I ever cried at a book.

BubblegumBoy likes this.
  7. I just finished reading The Kite Runner & A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. What wonderful storytelling - I wept reading both.

8. My book cries? Never Let Me Go and On Beauty. I might have cried reading Giovanni’s Room as well but that was ages ago.

BubblegumBoy and Andrew like this.
  9. I finished The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller a few weeks ago and BALLED.
    I’ve been in a bit of a reading funk since, one of my favourite books ever.

10. Crying at books? Where my Little Lifers at?

[​IMG]

Lately, Remorque, ItBeats and 6 others like this.
  11. I cry when I'm reading all the time if something huge happens dddd.

beyoncésweave and Alphableat like this.
  12. I’m heartbroken to report this account was verified by mistake - it’s not him.

Crying at this revelation tbh.

13. Books that definitely made me cry…

A Little Life
    Tin Man
    Mayflies
    One Day
    The Time Traveler’s Wife

Books that maybe made me cry but I can’t remember…

The Amber Spyglass
    Everything I Never Told You
    The Secret History

Je suis gay.

Lately, Remorque, burzacott and 6 others like this.
  14. Presumably you're planning to read And The Mountains Echoed as well?
    The bar for getting a Twitter blue tick is so low these days. I think it all went wrong when they verified that John Lewis guy whose main job is replying to tell people he isn't the shop.

Alphableat likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

I can't wait to get my hands on Still Life.

Also, not to do promo for the devil but When God Was a Rabbit is 0.99 in that store today and I just got it.

Alphableat likes this.
  16. Finished it last night. Might have shed a tear after the realisation I wasn't gonna read about these characters again. But I'm happy knowing I have a plethora of Ursula books to dive into.

Continuing my fantasy moment, I'm going into When the Tiger Came Down the Mountains cause I miss me some queerness.

Doenjang likes this.
  17. I rarely cry ever and I think the only book to ever bring me to tears was The Bicentennial Man which was *very* unexpected!

18. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I'm almost done with 'Boyfriend Material' by Alexis Hall and enjoyed it so much. It wasn't trying to be anything it isn't and at the same time I feel they respected the reader by not being like "just write whatever, it's just a romcom".

What I also liked about it is that the characters were in their late twenties. Most of the queer romcom literature I've come across is set in high school. Are there any other queer romcom books with millennial leads anyone could recommend?

AstronautMikeDexter likes this.
  19. I love Alexis Hall. He's so good. "Boyfriend Material" has a sequel coming out next year and I'm so excited.

His recent book "Rosaline Palmer Takes the Cake" is also very good (though I preferred "Boyfriend Material"). It's about a bisexual single mother who goes on the in-universe version of "The Great British Bake Off". So, it's not M/M if that makes a difference but it's a fun book nonetheless.

Charley likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.