PopJustice Book Club | Page 188 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice Book Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amstell_s Bitch, Sep 10, 2006.

1. There you go!

constantino, LTG, Alphableat and 2 others like this.
  2. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

So deserved. Love to see a writer reach this sort of achievement well into their career, but still in their prime. And I loved the novel.

Trinu 3.0 and Alphableat like this.
  3. A fantastic winner.

Trinu 3.0 likes this.

4. Girls, it’s big. The size comparison posts a lot of booksellers are doing with it at the moment are killing me.

Andrew and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  5. Not me turning up to my first session of the LGBT+ Bookclub at my new job ready to stan All Men Want to Know by Nina Bouraoui, only for everyone else in the group to pan it...

[​IMG]

Trinu 3.0 and Dennis like this.
  6. I’m reading Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf and it’s giving best novel ever written vibes. The way the words just float off the page, beautiful! I read To the Lighthouse a few years ago and struggled through every sentence but I guess I’m finally ready for Miss Woolf.

beyoncésweave, Trinu 3.0 and LTG like this.
  7. LTG

LTG

Suddenly The Hours is you.

8. No I don't think I want to discuss Bridgerton or Orange Is The New Black.

9. Had a moment to the novella "And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer" yesterday. I'd say it's the saddest thing I read all year but I did read A Little Life a few months ago but this was just as heartbreaking. Highly recommend it.

Monkey Meat, Dennis and Trinu 3.0 like this.

10. I still haven’t read the first one, but that cover is so pretty.

jordxn and Trinu 3.0 like this.
  11. I had the first one, unread, on my shelf for months and months and then donated it to a charity shop, unread, when I was moving house recently. The reviews at the time were…really off-putting. I’m flirting with a fantasy phase at the moment though so maybe it’s time to buy it again!

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  12. In case you were wondering, The Transgender Issue by Shon Faye is absolutely deserving of the hype.

Empty Shoebox and Andrew like this.
  13. Well...

-

me @ all the big lit girls releasing next year when I haven't even read this year's yet

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    bakerboy92 likes this.
  14. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Believe me, I saw! What does Miss Groff have to do around here to get a win!

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  15. This week I finished Dangerous Liaisons by Laclos and things sure do take a dark turn in the end! I found the two main characters absolutely disgusting.

16. Piranesi by Susanna Clarke

[​IMG]

constantino likes this.
  18. Ah, that’s history. Read it back to back with Klara and the Sun and they had wonderful, bittersweet resonances I’m still feeling. Life really is beautiful and horrible, isn’t it?

ItBeats and constantino like this.
  19. If the person who translated "My Best Friend's Exorcism" into Turkish, got paid then there is no god.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.