Popjustice Melodifestivalen Favourites Rate - Finalen - VINNARE | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Melodifestivalen Favourites Rate - Finalen - VINNARE

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Empty Shoebox, Feb 5, 2018.

1. I love rewatching some of these live performances.

Linda making some growling noise reminiscent of random monster in Lord of the Rings at 2:12.

[​IMG]

2. Anton is giving me all the feels in this choreography

3. Was there a reason Linda Bengtzing shaved off all her hair in 2016? Or was it part of her comeback?

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  4. According to Expressen, she was performing at an event for a children’s cancer foundation, and it was raining and she said “Oh no, my hair will be ruined”... and then looked into the crowd and saw a girl who had lost her hair. So she tried to salvage it and said “Hair means nothing, I could shave it off anytime.” She didn’t think the kids would believe her, so the next time she was at the salon, she had it all shaved off.

And Sweden honored her for her generosity by voting her 7th in her semifinal.

5. I know no one was waiting for my comments, but I’m here.

My first comment requires me to revisit a previous semifinal. In 2012 there was an online vote for “Tredje Chansen,” where songs that didn’t make the final in their respective years competed for another chance at glory. Each week, one of the songs was performed in a “new” version. And in 3 out of the 4 cases, the new versions were somehow even worse than the original. Like, watch what they did to Dull-ba:

Anyway the whole thing was a joke because Sweden was in the midst of Loreen-fever so the winner was “My Heart is Refusing Me” from the year before.

However semi 4 of 2012 featured the only version that improved on the original, and of course Sarah Dawn Finer was responsible.

A few other moments of joy from Semis 4 of yore:

I also enjoyed in 2011 when they were announcing the duel between the act who was eliminated and the act going to Andra Chansen, and it was Linda Pritchard versus Lasse Stefanz, and you see Linda visibly cringe at the fact that she’s up against the dansband legends, throws her hands up in the air as she resigns herself to 5th place for the second year in a row, and then gets the shock of her life when it’s revealed that she is the winner of the duel (see 01:20:27):

And finally

[​IMG]

6. I was!

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  7. And I'm so giving her extra points for this.

WowWowWowWow and Empty Shoebox like this.
  8. Semi-Final 4 thoughts: wig

9. My points are in!!

sidenote: I can't get over the fact that @cakeboy refuses to put Jay-Jay Johanson and Alcazar in his top!

[​IMG]

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. My final argument in this ongoing discussion:

[​IMG]

WowWowWowWow and Riiiiiiiii like this.
  11. Finally got round to doing my votes and I noticed two of the videos for Semi 2 had been deleted.

I've fixed that now, but I must say it wasn't something I expected to have to deal with.

I hope the old lady next door enjoyed my attempt at 'Manboy' by Eric Saade.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    WowWowWowWow likes this.
  12. That's a lot of songs I've never heard of before... I doubt I can do this in time.

Vote for Anton Ewald's Begging and Ace Wilder's Busy Doin' Nothing (I said it!) and I'll be there with you in spirit.

13. [​IMG]

KamikazeHeart and dynamite_state like this.
  14. That's understandable.

I'm tagging you again when the next round starts though.

dynamite_state likes this.
  15. How is everyone doing for time (presuming you're all watching the thread).

Anyone need a little extension?

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  16. A&E

A&E

I'm... trying ddd. It's hard to narrow it down to 10 per DT but I'll do my best to make it.

KamikazeHeart and Empty Shoebox like this.
  17. I feel you. I had to choose ten from twenty six for SF3.

18. iheartpoptarts likes this.
  19. Empty Shoebox likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.