Popjustice Memory Lane | The Popjustice Forum

Popjustice Memory Lane

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baby Clyde, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Being called a 'wizened legend of the forum' by @joe_alouder not only made me laugh out loud but also got me to thinking just how long I've been around these parts.

As far as I can remember I first arrived in the summer of either 2004 or 2005. Can't work out which but I know I was in Ibiza all summer at the time. I used to go to the internet cafe and spend hours talking to you lot. I was so pleased to finally find a place to discuss pop music with intelligent like minded people.

Initially I was called Barbel Wockel and my first ever post was schooling someone who insisted that Britney was a better singer than Aretha Franklin (Some things never change). I also remember having a very early run with @Kirkland (I think) when I ridiculously stated that Betty Boo wasn't a very good rapper?

I disappeared for a while around 2006 but ran back here to lament Joss Stone's tragic Brits performance at the beginning of 2007 and think I've posted almost every day since.

I used to chat a lot with Trixie and Storm back in the day but they have long gone. The legendary @Maureen still pops up every now and then but hasn't been a regular for years. I'm pretty certain that @AcerBenII was here when I first arrived as we had a mutual adoration of Rosie Ribbons. I'm sure @ladylloyd has been here as long as me.

So other than Mr @Popjustice which still active posters have been around the longest?

Who remembers the Jamie Kane game?

Or when the boards first moved server?

Or can find themselves on here........

http://popjustice2.proboards.com/

Rhombus, BML, Wishlight and 11 others like this.
  2. When did the forum start? I thought I joined as an undergrad student but I could be wrong.

I was Rage* in the early days and became Tribal Spaceman in mid 2007 for the Spice reunion. I do miss Yellow Man In Timbuktu and Kung-Fu Fighting Dancing Queen, are they still here under different names, I wonder?

I was one of the #straightladsofpopjustice along with sifr. How wrong I was!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. I am the alpha and the omega
    The first and the last
    The beginning and the end

4. kal

kal

I've been here since September 2006.

Island likes this.
  5. I've done a bit of detective work and it turns out my second account was registered on December 1st 2004.

I know it's my second account because the first post I made with it said "I'm back" and I remember having to start over after not being on the site for a good part of a year.

I'm so old.

6. I bet I'm a good decade older.

7. It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

8. RJF

RJF

You've ran out of road in that case.

9. My likes/posts ratio is better than yours.

10. It just means you've lived through more great music.

Uno and Baby Clyde like this.
  11. kal

kal

This would be funny if it weren't so tragic. And irrelevant.

12. I miss those subforum names.

13. Wasn't there a sub forum dedicated to one legendary poster who got dramatically banned?

I vaguely remember someone going out in a giant blaze of glory and there posts being so lols they were placed in a forum so we could all enjoy them.

Have I made that up?

14. This all rings a bell, but I can't remember who it was. PJ Big Brother was hilarious as well, although I was still watching the actual show at the time so it must have been a very long time ago.

15. 2014

2014 Moderator

Sum up your posting history a tad.

xoxo

16. RJF

RJF

This isn't the past, but it is the future.

17. Are you having premonitions of your death...?

18. Even the petty arguments were better in the old days, it seems.

ManilaChinchilla and Baby Clyde like this.
  19. Forum meltdowns were a bigger deal then because social media was in its infancy and places like this were our main source of interaction.

Baby Clyde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.