PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel

he/him/basic cishomo

Hillary sis. Oh my god. She's learned absolutely nothing and legitimately thinks that missing targets by a huge amount is better than missing them by a gargantuan amount? We won't be less dead/less hungry/less wartorn in the former scenario.

Have fun courting white """educated""" voters who still say things like "when they go low, we go high" I guess!

Pennsylvania Primary run down! Summer Lee won her primary for reelection with almost 60% of the vote despite having a challenger being fully bankrolled by billionaire Jeff Yass and AIPAC!!!

In a shocking result, Erin McClelland smoked State Rep. Ryan Bizzarro who was seen as a shoe-in for Treasurer with the party endorsement and huge amounts of campaign cash.

Last edited:

Ladies we have no choice but to stan! But in all seriousness, I hope that the rest of our politics start to follow suit.

Bizzarro had outraised McClelland 5-to-1 and received dozens of endorsements from advocacy organizations across the state.

Bizzarro based much of his campaign on Treasurer Stacy Garrity, the Republican incumbent, and her support for former President Donald Trump. But voters saw through that, McClelland said, and wanted substantial policies about how the next treasurer would run the office.

“We have an electorate that is very, very fatigued on being motivated by rage,” McClelland said. “They’re looking for all their elected officials to just do their jobs.”

McClelland will be one of few women on the top of the ticket in November, and she believed her win can be credited to female voters across the state. If McClelland had not won Tuesday, there would have been no Democratic women in statewide races.

“This is a really important statement from the voters about the voice of women,” McClelland added. “We talk about how we want their votes, but it’s really important to have their voice.”

I know there are a million other things going on, but I just cannot get over how fucking crazy this woman is??? Why would you ever think this was going to come across well is beyond me.

GMJhkzYbsAAYJcD

he/him/basic cishomo
It's too bad that it's the common wage slave who's going to deal with the brunt of people like Noem being in government. I wish they got to face the consequences. I know all too well how that "animals are basically inanimate objects" perspective goes over with the Trump bloc, the kinds of people who reminisce fondly about the time they kicked a cat etc. Electric chair.gavel.

Basically I don't actually expect this to harm her much politically. Her base is probably loving it, and her state is mostly made up of that very base. (Pls prove me wrong Dakotans!)

she/her
Can anyone recommend a good news app for global and US politics news? Potentially a short daily news podcast too.

I have subscribed to New York Times and listened to The Daily for the last few years - it's not perfect but has always given a decent overview of what's happening. But I'm getting really, really tired of their constant subtle-but-not-so-subtle pro-Israel bias and am considering unsubscribing.

Is the Washington Post just as bad? Maybe The Guardian would be a bit better?

(In terms of podcasts, I already occasionally listen to leftist/progressive ones such as Bad Faith, The Dig and Citations Needed. But a quick daily news one can be useful.)

Can anyone recommend a good news app for global and US politics news? Potentially a short daily news podcast too.

I have subscribed to New York Times and listened to The Daily for the last few years - it's not perfect but has always given a decent overview of what's happening. But I'm getting really, really tired of their constant subtle-but-not-so-subtle pro-Israel bias and am considering unsubscribing.

(In terms of podcasts, I already occasionally listen to leftist/progressive ones such as Bad Faith, The Dig and Citations Needed. But a quick daily news one can be useful.)

The Guardian ticks all the boxes.

The podcast I listen to for quick daily news is called "What A Day". It's pretty good.