PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel

he/him/basic cishomo
I read a really stupid article on Nate Silver's cute little website.

Voters don't like Biden's economy: but why?

Therein lies a disconnect between most economic indicators that economists consider — things like GDP, the unemployment rate, job growth and inflation — which are all looking up, and how voters feel. When voters measure economic well-being, they're much more likely to use more personal metrics, such as how easily their family can meet their basic needs. That can be more of a feeling than an exact calculation, and right now, the Biden reelection campaign is battling the general sense that everything has gotten a little bit worse.

The author doesn't seem remotely aware of how ridiculous this is. Saying that GDP and inflation are more "real" and definable than "how easily their family can meet their basic needs," which is just a "feeling." (???) No discussion whatsoever about how maybe, just maybe, GDP is a terrible indicator for the well-being of a nation in 2024. Does it matter if the pie is getting bigger if your slice is shrinking? (Hint: no.)

I read a really stupid article on Nate Silver's cute little website.

Voters don't like Biden's economy: but why?

The author doesn't seem remotely aware of how ridiculous this is. Saying that GDP and inflation are more "real" and definable than "how easily their family can meet their basic needs," which is just a "feeling." (???) No discussion whatsoever about how maybe, just maybe, GDP is a terrible indicator for the well-being of a nation in 2024. Does it matter if the pie is getting bigger if your slice is shrinking? (Hint: no.)
Nate Silver’s site is a trash heap.

The racist, white saviour complex of the Democrats on show.

This narrative that young people don’t know better is not going to win them any votes.

I’ve been reading a really great book, The Tyranny of Merit by Michael Sandel, which is about meritocracy and its role in inequality and the recent populist movements. It’s really made me understand a lot of Democrats’ behavior and ideology and why they say elitist ignorant shit like this all the time. Highly reccomend the book!

Hochul is such a fucking disaster. She literally almost lost the general election in 2022 to MAGA surrogate Lee Zeldin in deep fucking blue New York. A literal lunatic! I hope her ass gets primaried in ‘26.

In better(ish) news:

In better(ish) news:

"I made it clear that if they go into Rafah – they haven’t gone in Rafah yet – if they go into Rafah, I’m not supplying the weapons that have been used historically to deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities – that deal with that problem"

I know he can barely speak, but the casual way he characterizes the mass murder of civilians with 2,000 pound bombs as "deal[ing] with that problem" reminds me a little of other euphemisms like "final solution."

Rep. David Trone, one of the wealthiest members of Congress, spent over $60 million of his own fortune to try to win a Democratic Senate primary. The Associated Press called the election for his competitor, Angela Alsobrooks.

Trone, a three-term House Democrat, made millions before entering politics by co-founding Total Wine & More, the nation's largest private wine retailer. In a striking pitch to voters, he argued that his vast wealth was an asset to the Democratic Party and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer. Schumer can't afford to lose the Senate seat if he wants to keep the party's slim majority in the chamber. Trone's point was that if the party has to spend money defending Maryland, it will have less available in other close races.

fffff suffer!

But that is a disgustingly wasteful amount of money. So many good things could have been done with that.

he/him/basic cishomo

fffff suffer!

But that is a disgustingly wasteful amount of money. So many good things could have been done with that.

For real, like, why are rich people so bad at having lots of money???? You bet your ass it'd be free public events and parties and drag races every day in a world where I'm rich. But then that's probably why I'm not rich huh? It's almost like being a ghoul is a requirement. Hopefully he at least gave some good folks a paycheck or twelve...