PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel

He/Him/His
Choosing between those two clowns
britney-spears-britney.gif

Someone on here was recently asking about alternative, non-mainstream news sources. While they may not be in the "everything you need to know in today's breaking news" category, I've really been enjoying More Perfect Union, who describe themselves as...
Non-profit newsroom. Media that builds power for working people.

They do a mix of pretty unflinching coverage of underreported stories and big stories that mainstream media is covering -- but from a deeper and less approached angle. For instance, when reporting on the Red Lobster bankruptcy, they don't just focus on how the disastrous Endless Shrimp promotion brought the brand down, but the role that private equity had in their downfall. They also do a nice job of taking a 'local' story and showing its national or global implications (like the story about corporations buying up housing inventory in Atlanta or the one about for-profit corporations buying up public utilities in some U.S. cities.) Apparently, there is more going on in the world than Donald Trump's trials.

he/him/basic cishomo
Someone on here was recently asking about alternative, non-mainstream news sources. While they may not be in the "everything you need to know in today's breaking news" category, I've really been enjoying More Perfect Union, who describe themselves as...

They do a mix of pretty unflinching coverage of underreported stories and big stories that mainstream media is covering -- but from a deeper and less approached angle. For instance, when reporting on the Red Lobster bankruptcy, they don't just focus on how the disastrous Endless Shrimp promotion brought the brand down, but the role that private equity had in their downfall. They also do a nice job of taking a 'local' story and showing its national or global implications (like the story about corporations buying up housing inventory in Atlanta or the one about for-profit corporations buying up public utilities in some U.S. cities.) Apparently, there is more going on in the world than Donald Trump's trials.
Wonderful post, even though your examples make me real sad and scared. I've largely accepted that I need the stability of home and things like, being able to have running water, fairly priced utilities, and providing the wilderness and everyone who lives in it with lots of space to sprawl. There's so much for everyone but so many people seem completely oblivious to just how much of the wealth in the world has just become gambling chips for entities that have turned government into a joke.

Wonderful post, even though your examples make me real sad and scared. I've largely accepted that I need the stability of home and things like, being able to have running water, fairly priced utilities, and providing the wilderness and everyone who lives in it with lots of space to sprawl. There's so much for everyone but so many people seem completely oblivious to just how much of the wealth in the world has just become gambling chips for entities that have turned government into a joke.

Absolutely. To be fair, they do post what you might term 'positive' news, too. Like the story on Massachusetts' taxing of the wealthy.

She also espouses negative views towards IVF and has strange/concerning opinions on women's reproductive rights in general. Basically a tech bro but as a woman. It feels like RFK just picked her name out of a hat of donors (probably did nn)

I think he picked her because, naively (and insultingly), his campaign thought putting a woman in leadership would expand his tent beyond Libertarian bros.

So, at this stage, poll watchers, how worried should we be about the RFK spoiler? And, no need to sell me on how awful Biden is. Voting for him will be one of the bitterest pills I've ever swallowed. And, if I lived in a reliably blue area, you bet I'd be voting third party (not RFK, obvs.)

I think he picked her because, naively (and insultingly), his campaign thought putting a woman in leadership would expand his tent beyond Libertarian bros.

So, at this stage, poll watchers, how worried should we be about the RFK spoiler? And, no need to sell me on how awful Biden is. Voting for him will be one of the bitterest pills I've ever swallowed. And, if I lived in a reliably blue area, you bet I'd be voting third party (not RFK, obvs.)
I think he will pull pretty evenly from both, but it seems that recent polling is showing him being a bigger thorn in Trump’s side. Him deciding to announce that he had part of his brain eaten by a parasitic worm decades ago is one of the stupidest things he possibly could have done. Like. It would be poison to any campaign, but for a Kennedy??? And one that has so many prior ailments? Jesus H. Christ. It also kind of implodes his own argument saying he is the best choice in regards to the age / health of Biden and Trump.

Last edited:
I think he will pull pretty evenly from both, but it seems that recent polling is showing him being a bigger thorn in Trump’s side. Him deciding to announce that he had part of his brain eaten by a parasitic worm decades ago is one of the stupidest things he possibly could have done. Like. It would be poison to any campaign, but for a Kennedy??? And one that has so many prior ailments? Jesus H. Christ. It also kind of implodes his own argument saying he is the best choice in regards to the age / health of Biden and Trump.
Well, he didn't announce it - the NY Times uncovered it from a 2012 deposition. He has since admitted to it, but I doubt he had any intention of disclosing it otherwise.