PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel | Page 850 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hyrulian, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Fantastic news.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  2. K94

K94

I had such a sinking feeling just before, because we've been here so many times without justice. Though, as we've seen in the past few days, this doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things; it feels good to get a result and some accountability.

Rei Ayanami, 2014, johnoclock and 7 others like this.
  3. YES YES YES! Thank you! The fact we were all so nervous he would get away with it despite the world seeing it ON CAMERA says everything about how fucked up the US criminal justice system and attitude to race is!

Rest in peace George and I hope his family finds some comfort in this.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  4. Oh Nancy...

5. Please retire Nancy, I have so much second hand embarrassment

6. Very grateful. We are not close to solving the police racism/police brutality problem but this is a step in the right direction.

Jamie likes this.
  7. For all the credit Nancy Pelosi gets as a politician, she's strikingly inarticulate.

HorseTears and bakerboy92 like this.
  8. Nancy mama........ I have no words

Mr Blonde and nooniebao like this.
  9. Nancy mama Jesus Fucking Christ.

10. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

11. This verdict is 100% owed to Darnella Frazier the 17 year old girl who filmed George Floyd’s murder.

12. Nancy's basically like "Welp, racism is solved"...? Like what kind of response... I can't facepalm hard enough.

AOC did a IG Live and (paraphrasing) said "I have to make the affirmation that this isn't justice. Justice is George Floyd going home safely tonight. Justice is Adam Toledo being tucked in by his mom tonight. Justice is a gun not being involved when someone gets pulled over for a taillight out. And I wouldn't even say this is full accountability because Derek Chauvin wasn't the only officer there."

If you want to listen to the whole thing:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Blond, Lost In Japan., Sam and 5 others like this.
  13. I can't imagine the courage it took for Darnella to take the stand on trial and face questioning. Her testimony was emotional, and the part about her returning to the scene after telling her 9-year-old cousin to go into the store so he didn't witness what was happening broke my heart. She said she stayed awake for weeks, praying and apologizing for not doing more that day to save him from dying.

"When I look at George Floyd, I look at my dad. I look at my brothers. I look at my cousins, my uncles, because they are all Black. I have a Black father, I have a Black brother, I have Black friends, and I look at that and I look at how that could have been one of them."

I hope she is at peace after today. It's a step in the right direction. It was accountability, but justice is not fully served until there is full reform and we stop seeing headlines about this happening to other Black people across the country weekly.

14. A young Black girl murdered by police in Ohio just as the Chauvin verdict was coming down. Rotten.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  15. Senator Ro Khanna?

ohaimanabu likes this.

16. They do.

17. THEY ALL DO. Investigate the whole country. The system as whole. Investigate why our #1 budget item isn't health care, education, housing. It's MILITARY and GUNS.
    Anyways...

18. tea

tea

Also this:

This not being an independent investigation makes me nervous.

Also this passed in Florida. Similar legislation is being floated around 33 other states.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.