PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel | Page 927 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hyrulian, Jul 20, 2020.

1. After seeing why 'hurricane gun' was trending... we were really much closer to death under Trump at all times than we previously realized nn.

2. Rob

Rob

The way a China-created 'hurricane gun' seems more plausible to Republicans than climate change truly defies words.

kal, DoggySwami and lob0to like this.
  3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

They should be shaken more!

4. Extremely disappointed in the Inquirer for all of a sudden going on the attack against Fetterman / endorsing Lamb. I also find it funny how Fetterman using his political leverage to reform the Board of Pardons and get more life-long sentences commuted than any LT Gov since the 1970s COMBINED is considering 'bullying' by the establishment.

If anything, him threatening to primary against Shapiro makes me love him more. He's not afraid to push back and actually get results.

Mr.Arroz, ItBeats, tea and 10 others like this.
  5. [​IMG]

Useless.

Mr.Arroz, Square, lushLuck and 10 others like this.
  6. Why is Joe Manchin the most useless human being? Like has he done anything for his party?

7. Particularly depressing news cycle given the above, the baby formula shortage, and the IDF freely murdering a Palestinian American journalist.

8. That’s a great question, I wasn’t expecting that question

9. Regarding the Women's Health Protection Act, and forgive me as I have not read it, I am curious as to what the 'expansions' of Roe were that gave Manchin an escape door? Or is he just lying?

If not, why didn't they modify it so he couldn't claim it was an expansion of Roe?

If he had voted for it, would it have been 50/50 with Kamala as the tiebreaker or how does that work?

10. I honestly couldn’t imagine like working enough to even work at 82 or however old her and McConnell are. I’m 29 and I’m researching how to increase my pension contributions regularly so I can fuck off even earlier dd

ItBeats, Mikl C, Ashling92 and 3 others like this.
  11. No, they would have needed 60 votes to break a filibuster.

12. It's not about work; it's about power and status. They don't seem to spend a lot of time doing any actual work.

13. To clarify, they needed 60 votes for it to pass due to the rules of the filibuster, however, it takes only 51 votes to end the filibuster ans then pass legislation with a clear simple a majority of 51 votes.

Manchin is also fearmongering when talking about the WHPA having expansions.

14. Random thoughts; Katie Porter really needs to be a Senator.

15. The journalist thing is insane to me. If she was Israeli or Ukrainian Congress would have probably authorized hundreds of million dollars of aid already.

Ashling92 and Future Lover like this.
  16. So why exactly do they support him?

I was willing to give Dems a pass in 2020 since Trump was an order of magnitude more inept and diabolical than usual. But at this point...I wish them an ounce of luck.

17. I've never been more disillusioned and angry with Democrats. Ultimately it's clear what Republicans will do with control of any part of the government, and to me that's worse than having a party in power with some progressive thinking. I completely understand why someone wouldn't vote for a democrat and I hate the "VOTE!!1" retort to fix anything. I'm just honestly scared we won't physically survive another Republican controlled 4 years, for many reasons.

Basically the only reason to keep democrats in power is to hope the worst on both sides d*e before we all do, voters included. The trouble is, Democrats are resting on "Hey, at least we're not as crazy as them!" without realizing that 1) some are 2) it's not a reason to trust our country to you all either, because look where we are. It's all so bleak.

Mr.Arroz, eyeline, tea and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.