PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel | Page 945 | The Popjustice Forum

PopJustice News Network (PJNN): U.S. Politics Channel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hyrulian, Jul 20, 2020.

1. I don’t understand why 6 men get to have an opinion. Especially 2 who are documented abusers

Sam, Mushroom, Mr.Arroz and 28 others like this.
  2. Packing the court is the only way out of this now, right? What a disaster.

3. Also, fuck John Roberts. Precedent my ass.

Mr.Arroz, Bobbyrae, Ashling92 and 6 others like this.
  4. No one is going to pack the court. The “only way” won’t be through elected Democrats.

leedlelee... likes this.
  5. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I can't imagine the pain millions of women will feel being forced into an unwanted pregnancy.

The first Supreme Court ever to revoke rights.

I used to toy around the idea of finding some way to bring a child of my own into the world. Between the rise of christofascists and the rising ocean levels, I can no longer justify forcing new life onto this dying hellscape.

Sam, Mr.Arroz, Lander and 18 others like this.
  6. This is an untrue statement.

7. God this is so fucking depressing. I feel for every single woman in America who has to deal with this reality over THEIR OWN REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS. God I fucking hate this world.

8. I wonder if we’ll see increased discussion of states seceding from the union if this polarisation of ideologies keeps escalating and escalating. How do you hold together a country where people’s values are so clearly opposed?

Sam, Blond, Mr.Arroz and 6 others like this.
  9. Knowing it was coming doesn't make the shock any less intense.

Sam, Mr.Arroz, Tabris and 10 others like this.
  10. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Forgive me.

11. I think this is part of what makes everything so infuriating - the majority of the country supports the right for abortion, as well as gay marriage etc. This is a vocal minority that the Democrats are too cowardly to strongly oppose.

Basically we need the guillotines.

Sam, Blond, Lander and 19 others like this.
  12. I can see that fantasy growing stronger in some minds, but it will literally never happen. Red states depend on federal support too much, despite their insistence otherwise.

13. Nn yes and there should be an age ceiling on elected representatives, not an age minimum. Those octogenarians are doing sweet fuck all

Sam, Mr.Arroz, Lander and 12 others like this.
  14. You don’t need me to forgive you.

Thinking of the Supreme Court as an immemorial faultless force for good has created complacency and is part of why this has happened.

Your Pretty Brains likes this.
  15. On second thoughts, the guillotine is too humane a device for these decayed husks.

Mr.Arroz, johnoclock and matthew. like this.
  16. I saw the Texas GOP are wanting a referendum on it in 2023, and have put it in their manifesto, but I agree that it’s a pipe dream. Babies crying about Biden

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  17. They wouldn’t last six months without suckling the teat. Shortsighted visions by small-minded morons.

Jamie likes this.
  18. As if the Dems would do anything sensible like that

19. How curious that Loving v. Virginia isn’t on his list!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.