Popjustice pets

My dog had a 'coronary episode' yesterday. He has an irregular heartbeat and got over-exerted playing with a tennis ball, legs went from under him and he collapsed, making a horrible squeaking sound. I thought he was going to go, right in front of me.

Fortunately, after 5 minutes he was up and wagging, albeit seemingly in shock.

He's 15, so I know the rainbow bridge is getting very close, but it killed my heart to see his confusion over what was happening to him.

You’re cat looks adorable @Lander. I’m sure you’ll make a great cat daddy! Does he have a name yet?

Spoiler for below; sad but I am hoping for a good outcome.

My dad went to the vet again with one of the cats that lives with my parents. He was been having some issues the past months and recovery is slow. He’s still in a lot of pain, we can all see it from how he moves his legs and got another shot of antibiotics and more stuff. Hopefully he recovers, the vet said they might want to release him from his suffering.

This made me very sad and I went to them as soon as I heard to cuddle and wish him for a speedy recovery. Can you ever be ready to let a sweetheart go? I don’t think so. So I am doing my best to stay positive and hope he makes it. He’s only 14 years old.

View attachment 39480

Thank you! No name yet but may decide on it this weekend…

I hope the beautiful ginger boy makes a full recovery, I’ve got my fingers crossed for a good outcome!

Thank you @Lander for the kind words.

We went to the vet today and seems like the swelling from the infection was less than before, so we have a chance. He got another injection, this time with some pain relief and some anti infection stuff. He will get that for a week and then we move to tablets.

I've almost given up on him 2 times already but it's hard to let go when he's so alive again when he returned to home. Feels like it rejuvenated him.
The vet said that there is a chance he might turn out bad later again with things like these happening and it might be much for us, but we let him know that our two other cats (one that lives at mine, the other at my parents) almost never have issues, so it's so worth it to have this little fella around us, without any pain or suffering of course.

I'm glad I can start the weekend positive. He's the sweetest.

Had Tobey for 5 weeks now.....he has a lot of energy. Changed his name from Kane after one day and he adapted to it very quickly.

He does have a few odd quirks though...the one I can't get him to break is sucking on my hand. Every day while in bed or right now sitting at my desktop he will sit on my lap and purr and suck on the skin between my thumb and finger...like he thinks milk is going to come out. He is not a nervous kitten at all, so not sure why he does it. It doesn't hurt at all but it feels like a little vampire attached to my hand.

lilweirdo.jpg

IMG_0573.JPG

dthth.jpg

So, an update for the beloved red kitty. Sorry it’s not a good one.

We tried many things and an operation with an injection on the pain point (artrose), sadly that did not work, also pain relief and something against a possible infection but sadly nothing worked. We have tried for pover a month now.

I went with my parents to the vet on Monday, and the vet found out he seems to have a lot of pain on his back where his nerves are and seems be paralyzed in his back legs, as when we try to make him walk he can‘t move his legs and there is no response in them or when can’t move them to stand. We tried one more pain killer, and hoped for a miracle but sadly no. I hate not knowing how he somehow got injured like this, as he was trying to walk before and it seemed to get worse each time we treated him. The vet said it just happens, maybe he fell without us seeing it. He also seemed more scared to go out of our garden and his hearing got worse, as he was missing an ear. Perhaps something happened with a bicycle in the alleyway and turned slowly into this hernia, but I don’t want to think about it I say to myself it comes with age too, I get what they say when the brightest flame burns half as long now.

He loved to go outside and can’t do anything himself any more, my Mum carries him to the litter box, gives food and water, and he sleeps in a nice little bed made for him. We discussed this with the vet and it needed a lot of time for my Mum to see as she wasn’t ready to let him go yet.

Yesterday I went to see him again to say goodbye and took him on my lap a final time. Of course he started purring and I felt he knew it was a goodbye. I made sure to hug him a lot and took some more pictures and videos. Today he is getting euthanized unfortunately and will be joining cat heaven. My family has a hard time with it as he was the joy of the house, our little sunshine.

I’m sad I won’t be seeing him any more but also trying to stay okay as I’m on holiday with my friends, so at least I won’t be able to let my mind wonder a lot in sad thoughts.

0756B5D5-17CA-4850-837C-12253363FE4C.jpegA7C57B56-8080-4CDE-96A3-B6520B5F2D5D.jpeg488ABE58-FF91-4760-B4FA-EDDE0E19F8B0.jpeg

Last edited:
So, an update for the beloved red kitty. Sorry it’s not a good one.

We tried many things and an operation with an injection on the pain point (artrose), sadly that did not work, also pain relief and something against a possible infection but sadly nothing worked. We have tried for pover a month now.

I went with my parents to the vet on Monday, and the vet found out he seems to have a lot of pain on his back where his nerves are and seems be paralyzed in his back legs, as when we try to make him walk he can‘t move his legs and there is no response in them or when can’t move them to stand. We tried one more pain killer, and hoped for a miracle but sadly no. I hate not knowing how he somehow got injured like this, as he was trying to walk before and it seemed to get worse each time we treated him. The vet said it just happens, maybe he fell without us seeing it. He also seemed more scared to go out of our garden and his hearing got worse, as he was missing an ear. Perhaps something happened with a bicycle in the alleyway and turned slowly into this hernia, but I don’t want to think about it I say to myself it comes with age too, I get what they say when the brightest flame burns half as long now.

He loved to go outside and can’t do anything himself any more, my Mum carries him to the litter box, gives food and water, and he sleeps in a nice little bed made for him. We discussed this with the vet and it needed a lot of time for my Mum to see as she wasn’t ready to let him go yet.

Yesterday I went to see him again to say goodbye and took him on my lap a final time. Of course he started purring and I felt he knew it was a goodbye. I made sure to hug him a lot and took some more pictures and videos. Today he is getting euthanized unfortunately and will be joining cat heaven. My family has a hard time with it as he was the joy of the house, our little sunshine.

I’m sad I won’t be seeing him any more but also trying to stay okay as I’m on holiday with my friends, so at least I won’t be able to let my mind wonder a lot in sad thoughts.View attachment 40402View attachment 40403View attachment 40404
Rest in purrr baby

I just love her so much. The sweetest cat I've ever known. Her name is Kitty. She'll let you cuddle with her and never stop. All she asks is that you feed her 7 times a day.

This gurl just showed up at our house in BFE one day. Dad opened the door, she took a self-guided tour of our trailer, and she proceeded to hop onto the couch and sleep at a spot that immediately became hers.

There was a time where she was a whore and came back once with a collar on that our neighbors put on her. But she kept chewing the collar off and they'd give her another one, rinse repeat until she apparently decided to enter a monogamous relationship with our family once and for all.

She's getting up there in age, probably about 11 now. I hope to have 11 more.

PXL_20230325_235611119.jpg

My dog used to be a stray so he has the terrible habit of eating anything he can find during our walks. I try to stop him best I can but he is so fast, and sneaky, it's pretty much impossible.

Turns out one of the fun things he ingested on his walk yesterday were some random amphetamines out on the street, and as a result he got so high I had to take him to urgent care and he's staying there to flush the drugs out of his system and stay for observation. So not only am I several thousand dollars poorer, all of this is happening the day I'm supposed to go out of town for a very deserved break ...

My dog used to be a stray so he has the terrible habit of eating anything he can find during our walks. I try to stop him best I can but he is so fast, and sneaky, it's pretty much impossible.

Turns out one of the fun things he ingested on his walk yesterday were some random amphetamines out on the street, and as a result he got so high I had to take him to urgent care and he's staying there to flush the drugs out of his system and stay for observation. So not only am I several thousand dollars poorer, all of this is happening the day I'm supposed to go out of town for a very deserved break ...

Poor baby! Ours wasn't a stray but would do this too so don't feel bad, they all do it unless super trained (using questionable methods). She would eat literal human shit on her first walks nn. Condoms, fish hooks, the lot. She lived to be 16 so maybe it wasn't so bad dd.

My elderly cat has decided to start sleeping with me apparently, I wake up with my eyes watering and face itching but it's worth it. She's the best cuddler oh my GOD. And so floofy and prone to ronronear.

The drama it's causing in my house though, since she used to sleep with my dad and I don't know why she's stopped. My bed is iconic I guess.

My elderly cat has decided to start sleeping with me apparently, I wake up with my eyes watering and face itching but it's worth it. She's the best cuddler oh my GOD. And so floofy and prone to ronronear.

The drama it's causing in my house though, since she used to sleep with my dad and I don't know why she's stopped. My bed is iconic I guess.
Antihistamines my friend! I’m allergic to cats but that did the trick.

The other cat living at my parents house after dear Tiger passed away had a weird lump in her face so I’m hoping it’s just fat and they will check it out on Friday. She’s a sweetheart now too and.. loves food! Little miss, she always tries to steal it from the storage.

My mum still had such a hard time dealing with the other cat that I pray she will be okay.

IMG_0661.jpeg

Well my own kitty is acting up now, they are definitely getting older. She lost a lot of weight and she's certainly different now. Not as cuddly, seems afraid of a lot of things, and all. I took her to the vet because she hadn't touched her food anywhere. The vet was thinking between a bladder infection or something with her kidneys. So we got a cure for the bladder infection and I will take her to the vet on Friday to see if it's gone, fingers crossed.
Whatever I give her, she refuses to eat. I tried everything I could find, 3 different brands and all kinds of snacks. But she only eats one at the time and walks away from any second ones, at least I can use one snack stick to hide her pill in.

Fingers crossed again!

This old lady stopped me the other day while out walking the doof, expected something about 'make sure you pick up dog poo!' but she asked if she could pet him as she can't have her own dog.

Then she asked his name, how old he was, and if we'd had him since puphood. When I told her he came from a rescue centre, she clutched her pearls, clasped her hands and thanked me vehemently for giving him a good life and said she'd pray for him at mass that night.

Random, but her enthusiasm so uplifting.

My cat has been doing terrible for a month now, her losing weight, refusing to eat, nothing working with medication... She has low blood cells and the only thing left is a blood transfusion, which doesn't solve the cause and only buys some time without being sure if anything can be solved. And it's very costly. She's 15 already.

I will have to let her go sadly, this afternoon. I'm spending her last hours in the garden, relaxing and in the sun. I took a lot of pictures and videos but I am so sad. Is there any tips you have for the last hours with your pet. I feel so sad.