Popjustice pets

The other day I put up a framed photo of my beloved cat Mr McGhee, who we had to put to sleep in 2021 due to cancer, because I was missing him a lot and wanted to be able to look at him as a went about my day.

Yesterday, I was in the living room and could hear by current cat, Hyacinth Bucket (iykyk) meowing loudly in the next room. I went to check up on her and saw she was sitting up close to the photo of McGhee and was talking to the photo.

Cue me ugly sobbing!!!! I miss my sweet boy </3

The other day I put up a framed photo of my beloved cat Mr McGhee, who we had to put to sleep in 2021 due to cancer, because I was missing him a lot and wanted to be able to look at him as a went about my day.

Yesterday, I was in the living room and could hear by current cat, Hyacinth Bucket (iykyk) meowing loudly in the next room. I went to check up on her and saw she was sitting up close to the photo of McGhee and was talking to the photo.

Cue me ugly sobbing!!!! I miss my sweet boy </3
You need a second cat sis

he/him/basic cishomo
My aunt took my dad's cat because we're cleaning out his house and I'm no longer going to be living there. She was the closest to my dad out of all his siblings, the most like him as far as chill-in-the-country ft. alcohol vibes, and has lots of open space for her because she is a rural country kitty who just wants love, food, and a warm place to be during the colder months.

She lives just a few miles west of my dad even deeper into the nothingness of the county.

Well... Kitty ran away after 2 days and now we can't find her, and I'm so devastated that I'm just numb about it. I have to find her. Going to try again today after work. She's thankfully wise and is the only cat we've ever had who didn't get run over, and girl knows how to put up a fight, so I'm letting myself have hope. She's the best kitty and I need her loves badly right now!

The rescue farm had two new residents - rescued by an employee of a very famous ex-model with a well documented black past when it comes to animal welfare.

A fat, overfed hamster.

A chocolate brown Guinea pig who was found living with its long-dead cage mate, hadn’t been cleaned out in 4 months.

Unbelievable. Fuck that woman.

Last edited:
She/Her/Queen
The cats in Athens are so fat and clean and cute. I just wanted to kidnap all of them and bring them back into my apartment the entire time I was there.

kiss-sweet.gif

Tobey has a new friend! It lives in our backyard under the heat pump and often comes out.

Never had a hedgehog that came out during the day, and super friendly too. My partner patted it when it was eating cat treats which the vet said was fine to feed it, and it just sat there chomping away.

426594289_710437284601842_2226435156591359918_n.jpg

Last edited:
he/him/basic cishomo
MY CAT CAME BACK after running away from her new home last night at my aunt's. Her place is deeper into the countryside than my dad's house where I lived with her. When I tell you I fucking bawled, all the heartache of her running away that I'd been bottling up just came pouring out when my aunt called me and told me that she came back to her. SQUEE!

1000041461.jpg
1000041456.jpg

Thankfully she's a strong independent 11-year-old woman; a country Kitty through and through. Even though she's stick thin and a little beaten up, she's okay. And she's working on getting back to her thicc self. We'll be putting a tracking collar on her next time I pop over, ofc, which I wish I would've done the first time ugh. Her poor little scabbed nose :(

It was exactly what my heart needed after a terrible day at work. My aunt and I just laughed and cried and laughed and cried. It was a milestone, really: the first time I ever let myself be completely vulnerable in front of any of my family members. That's healing! I like to think that my dad was there with us, smoking his 40th ciggy in her cozy hangout shack as the sun set over what little snow we still have.

And now my aunt and I are going to start hanging out in her garage doing jigsaw puzzles with Kitty after work!

Last edited:
Cats going missing is the worst. Once my cat Otis went through the bus tunnel and ended up in another suburb through a mountain. It took me a week to find him and it was basically a miracle, it was quite likely that I was never going to find him

I'm thinking Tobey needs a little sister, he seems a bit lonely and probably thinks I am boring as I don't have his high energy.

Mya seems cute. And they would both have little white patches on the left side of their face. Twinning. I have to let my boyfriend decide though as I picked the last 3 cats.

ezgif-4-6e688a15dc.jpg