Popjustice Retrochart - February 1983 - w/e 05/02/83

I had an aversion to any record climbing or falling exactly 10 places.

tenor.gif

I agree with @Eric Generic - his chart does have a "first" this week - Note the entry at Number 28 for Prince and "1999" - in brackets (Single Version):
"Don't worry I won't hurt you. I only want to have some fun" - not for Mr. EG!

Last edited:
I agree with @Eric Generic - his chart does have a "first" this week - Note the entry at Number 28 for Prince and "1999" - in brackets (Single Version)

Ha! Well spotted, there's a(n annoying) reason for that....my Excel layout won't allow me to only have a numbered title without throwing a fit. This happens with a few hits over the years. I figured that, since the 7" is an edit of the full version, I could get away with having that in brackets!.

Ha! Well spotted, there's a(n annoying) reason for that....my Excel layout won't allow me to only have a numbered title without throwing a fit. This happens with a few hits over the years. I figured that, since the 7" is an edit of the full version, I could get away with having that in brackets!.

You can get around that problem on Excel - whenever you are starting text with a number in a cell use ' at the start before you key in the number - therefore in this case '1999 - you will see a small red triangle appear in the top left corner of the cell which indicates that the numbers in the cell are "text" and not numbers! Hope that makes sense and it works for you!

You can get around that problem on Excel - whenever you are starting text with a number in a cell use ' at the start before you key in the number - therefore in this case '1999 - you will see a small red triangle appear in the top left corner of the cell which indicates that the numbers in the cell are "text" and not numbers! Hope that makes sense and it works for you!

Oooh, thanks for the tip!

By the way guys
@phoenix123
@Eric Generic
@cityofdoomsday
I'm still working on my big "Retrochart" Excel file - which has my projection of record sales and Year End Charts for all the years so far. I've got a few things to finish off and then I'll share the file with you. It's actually been a really exciting project - but I've got to keep it up for the next seven years now! (see out 1983 and then 1984 to 1989) s/b finished in 2025 with a decade best sellers chart! Stay tuned!

By the way guys
@phoenix123
@Eric Generic
@cityofdoomsday
I'm still working on my big "Retrochart" Excel file - which has my projection of record sales and Year End Charts for all the years so far. I've got a few things to finish off and then I'll share the file with you. It's actually been a really exciting project - but I've got to keep it up for the next seven years now! (see out 1983 and then 1984 to 1989) s/b finished in 2025 with a decade best sellers chart! Stay tuned!
2025 or 2525?